Has Thanksgiving really come and gone? Already?
I know I spent 25 hours of the 8 days this past week (wink wink) getting ready for this one solitary day. ...
Yep, I recounted. I did. And it was worth every effort.
Thanksgiving Day was spent in our home (as has been every year since we moved). We happily welcome both sides of the family and whatever friends drop by. I have absolutely no idea how to plan food for under 30 people, so we always have plenty. And the leftovers...mmmmmm!
The day after Thanksgiving, we load up and travel to Tuscaloosa to spend the weekend with my Grandmom and my Uncle Jim's family. We met my cousin Julie's newest addition, Tyler. He is precious and he always smiled just for me. His older brother, Trevor, is equally precious but usually found a scowl just for me. :)
Little man was a trooper. He played nicely with his cousins and didn't even try once to torture my Aunt Trisha's miniature poodle.
I am so thankful for family. I am thankful for the love and fun we share. I am thankful for the support and concern bestowed without question or judgement.
I am also thankful for the Christmas season...my absolute favorite time of year. Happiness oozes all around me. Good warm and fuzzy feelings abound.
Thanksgiving may be over, but giving thanks is really just beginning.
Tombstone
6 years ago






1 comment:
I wouldn't call the look a "scowl" per se...
Post a Comment