Pictures to post...Festival to post...sleep to get...Zzzzzzzzzz...
However, I must move on with the season and stick to my resolve that retrofitting posts is completely acceptable. More on the above mentioned later, but for now, I have to get down lil man's latest cuteness before it is forgotten in the joyful chaos this perfect season provides...
As we were preparing to leave the house one frigid morning, I asked lil man to put on his hat. He calmly responds:
"No, it be okay. I just wear my hair."
(I know...the cuteness is overwhelming.)
Attempting to leave the house on time this past week has been somewhat of a struggle with trying to balance family life with numerous daily trips to the Stake Center and back. Par for the course, I was running a wee bit late when Steve calls for me to hurry to the living room. Not wanting to be any later than necessary, I had just opened my mouth to politely decline when Steve suddenly appears and insists: "You really don't want to miss this."
Okay, fair enough.
I put down my make-up and join my family in the living room to discover that lil man has paused the TV on a particularly favored song on Noggin. Story goes...as soon as he heard this song start, he grabbed the remote and said:
"Where be Mommy? Dis be our song!"
Oh what dancing and singing ensued! Yes, I was much later than I had planned, but the reason was far greater than I could have hoped.
This past week and a half, we have averaged about 14 hours a day getting ready for the Christmas Festival. Though it is always exhausting, it is unarguably worth it. The worst part for me is being away from my family. It is just hard. I always worry that lil man (the girls are old enough to understand and be helpers) will decide that Daddy is infinitely better and disregard me completely. K eased my mommy-guilt when she told me that lil man had found a picture of me and spent the good part of the evening giving me kisses and loving praises:
"Da best mommy evah!"
Christmas came early. :)
Tombstone
6 years ago






5 comments:
I know what you mean. He is so precious and you never know what he will say. When I was staying with him Sunday night, he asked me what I was doing when I yawned. So I explained what it was. He said "Don't do that." Then when I explained that I couldn't stop a yawn and then yawned again, he repeated "Don't do that." I couldn't help but laugh. Of course you know what he said then - "Don't laugh, Goppie." Somedays you just can't win with Lil Man.
Those are such precious Lil Man words.
Sweet sweet.
Another EXCELLENT job on the Christmas festival. Amazing. My dad was walking around the stake center and wondering "How do you have THIS much talent in one stake?" I agree. It's a wonder.
That is too precious... your song! I was in awe at the Christmas festival! The live nativity...AMAZING. I also loved your window.
Awwwwwww!!! How sweet! My kids have always LOVED dad Best!!! This morning, Liam woke up in bed next to me, and said, "where's daddy?"
Post a Comment