A first of hopefully many many more...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We enjoyed K's first piano recital last night.


She was, of course, masterful.


It was the perfect holiday experience, listening to our K play "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "Up on the Housetop". She has been practicing like crazy for weeks. She had both numbers memorized within the first day of receiving them, and thus, had plenty of time to "re-arrange" the pieces a la' K. She just needed to up the tempo a bit...I could just see her trying to hold back the dancing. I think the end result was a happy mixture of both.

Jessica's house was beautiful and felt extremely Christmas-sy.
Each of her other students also did a fantastic job with each of their holiday pieces.
The refreshments were divine.
And K's curtsy was perfectly perky, with a hint of pretended shyness.
What more could you ask of a first piano recital?

What beautiful girls and beautiful teacher!
Aren't they the epitome of elegance and grace?


Weeellll...the epitome of something. :)

~
Thanks Jessica. K loves and adores you. She already has an enormous love of piano. I have yet to ask her to practice. She motivates herself. It is a joy to hear her playing in our home. You have been a blessing to us and to K. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell K-boo how very proud her Papa and I are and that we knew she would have an excellent performance at her first recital. It has amazed us that she has learned to play the piano so well so quickly. She has what I call a "God given" talent.

Jessica M said...

Go on, go on. You know I love and adore KAYLA. She did beautifully on her pieces. So proud!! And I agree, she does have "God given" talent. I'm excited to watch her progress. Your pictures turned out so cute! Hope the ornament exchange was fun, I was sorry to miss it.

Quincy Sorensen said...

This is a wonderful post! I love the pictures. I am proud of Kayla and so happy she has such a FABULOUS teacher. Hooray for everyone! (I showed this post to Zoe and Kaija . . . "look, see how much fun Kayla has taking piano lessons . . .").

Bama Holcomb Family said...

How fun!! I hope one of my critters yearns the piano lessons soon. I would love to have more music in our home!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley