I can tell I'm getting older.
Sadly enough, it is manifesting itself in ways completely unacceptable.
I am slowly noticing when I only get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
Travesty!
It really is upsetting. I have always been able to extend my day by huge proportions and get crazy amounts accomplished because I really don't need much sleep to function.
I think these days are coming to an end.
Let me ask my couch...
Yep, it told me I have indeed fallen asleep sitting up no less than 8 times this past week. Ugh. And twice I was supposedly in the middle of a conversation. Double ugh.
We didn't quite make it to our ward's (church's) Christmas party last night...
I was sleeping...on the couch...sitting up...supposedly spending time with K.
Hope everyone had fun. :)
Another tell-tale sign I'm getting older is that I'm forgetting things...
namely my camera.
What is an ornament party without a camera?
What is a school party without a camera?
Fortunately, I did remember my camera for K's piano recital. Can you imagine the wrath of K had I forgotten to document that moment in time?
I'm also forgetting about food.
This would be a good thing if I was forgetting to eat periodically. Face it, I could stand to miss a meal or two. Unfortunately, what I'm forgetting is that I've already eaten things, so when I go to eat a particular something...I wonder where it has all gone? And it is only once I'm actively engaged in eating that I dimly recall the familiarity of what is in my mouth. Ugh, ugh, and ugh.
But I digress.
I always know December is going to be CRAZY busy. Since the day before Thanksgiving, I have had something every day and/or night. I think Monday looks blissfully unplanned. Could it be? I dare not hope.
I really do love the hustle and bustle. I love deadlines looming and the energy buzz of last minute projects and visits. But this year may be a little much. Just a little. I don't want to blaspheme my favorite month with negativity, but I've got to keep it real. (Did I really just use that phrase? Ugh.)
Okay...well I'm off to bake cookies for K's teacher, finish 10 ornaments for teachers/faculty at the school before 11, vacuum before K's primary party is here at 4, and figure out how scandalous my Christmas budget is after last night's late late shopping excursion so I can get back out in it. And all this on 1 hour and 20 minutes of sleep.
This time...not my fault. Interested in why? Ask lil man. But I'm betting all you'll get out of him is some whining and incoherent muttering. Aaahhhhh...the joys of 3-year-olds and nightmares.
But at the end of the day...'tis the season to seek out and capture the spirit of Christmas. And yes, my friends, it is absolutely possible with no sleep, no time, and no patience.
That is the magic of Christmas.
Tombstone
6 years ago






8 comments:
I don't think sleep has anything to do with age. Because let me tell you. I'm MOST happy when I can curl into bed at oh about 7:30 at night. haha. I LOVE sleeping. Once the clock reaches 10pm I feel panicky like.. WHAT AM I DOING UP SO LATE! haha :) But u GO girl for functioning on such LITTLE sleep... U take a nap or..8, don't u feel bad! :)
So after all those years of making fun of me for falling asleep on the couch, you finally understand! "Sitting up on the couch" sleep is some of the best sleep you can get!
I can't get by without much sleep these days either. It must be an epidemic of sorts, surely not old age...
I feel you. We earliest we've made it to bed in the last 3 weeks is 12:30. I totally crash in the most unappropriate situations sometimes (i.e. we have company over and Jarom and I BOTH fall asleep) its ok, you have 3 kids!
The Marines used to tell me that sleep was a crutch. So, I will pass it along to you too. Dana, sleep is a crutch!
Hey - if you need a nap, get Steve to watch the kids and come over to our house to take a nap.
I have a little ditty I repeat to myself when I nurse Susie in the middle of the night:
Sleep is good
Sleep is fine;
I think about it all the time.
Sleep is good
Sleep is find;
When will it be mine?
Oh the joys of little one's!!! My little man has been inturrupting my sleep a lot lately! More than usual!!! This past week it was achey leg pains,and durring Festival when I wasn't getting home until after 2 in the monring for night after night... and at 4 am he is screaming his leg and foot hurt! 'Rub it mommy!' then he would sleep, and in the middle of it all... he'd yell out things like cartoon movie character names, or 'Bob' the boy who lives across the street! I don't know what he was dreaming about, but it wsn't exactly funny on NO sleep! I thik you clearly NEED a nap! take advantage!
I feel ya... I've been falling asleep sitting up too. I admit I'm getting old... too soon though!
Post a Comment