A new look and a new phrase...

Monday, November 10, 2008

Yay! I love my blog-over!
No, I'm not bragging or tooting my own horn.
I can exclaim til the proverbial cows come home because my bestest cousin, Julie, did this for me. Yeah, I love her...a lot...even BEFORE she took on my layout. Not only did she do this amazing job; she allowed me to be picky, endured numerous email see-sawing, & patiently figured out a way to include the "Pooh" tidbit and picture for the header that I insisted had to be...she also has a two-year-old and a newborn. Yeah, I love her. So thank you thank you thank you, Ju!!! You really are the best! I appreciate this so much I just might not fight you for the last of Grandmom's mac&cheese at Thanksgiving. I can't promise, though. :)

I want to explain why I love the "Pooh" tidbit in my header.
Well, maybe I can't really find the words. It just warms me. It makes me smile.
I love the idea of being sure of each other. Whether it pertains to your immediate or extended family, a loved one, or someone who has touched your life...we all need the comfort and security afforded by just being sure.

I love the word, surety. It's an old word and one that is not used in everyday speak, but it speaks volumes to me. That is why I chose it to describe my little people. They are most definitely my sureties. I love them beyond all doubt. They are my certainty that I try to live so we can be together forever. I have unequivocally contracted (or covenanted) to be responsible for each of them. Caring for them, loving them, and being part of their lives is the greatest blessing I could ever receive. I am honored to be their mother. I am privileged they are my little people. My sureties...most definitely.

I am thankful to be a mommy. Of that, I am sure.

10 comments:

Julie said...

I'm SO glad that you're happy with the final product! It's nice to have a blog that really "fits" you.

And don't worry about the mac & cheese...I'm making some for Thanksgiving at my in-laws. I'm just requesting you bring that yummy chex mix, peanut butter, chocolate, & powdered sugar stuff! :)

Karen said...

It looks so good. I love it. Of that I am sure!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I LOVE your new blog look and header. Good work, both of you! Change can be so refreshing.

*Lisa* said...

Very cool new blog look, I was just mulling over a new look for mine. I love Pooh sayings too. So simple, yet so profound. And your pics are cute. Love this one!

We are all better, no worries. Thanks :) Thursday?

Dawn, said...

Love it, Love IT, LOVE IT!!! Incredible!! I just made a little itty bitty change to my blog and feel so very accomplished. Maybe someday, more precisely one YEAR, I may be able to graduate up to one like yours.

'I shall not covet Dana's blog... I shall not covet Dana's bl... oh darn... start over... I shall...'

Anonymous said...

Wowie Wow Wow Wow!!!

Beth said...

Wow, I am Jealous with a big J! I love being a mom more than anything else! The pictures of your kiddies are beautiful!

Lacey Freeman said...

I love it! That Pooh tidbit is so good! When I read it in your header it really warmed me too! =)

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

WOW!!! Your new look is absolutely fantastic!!!! I am green with envy! ;) Seriously, does your cuz do blog facelifts on the side. I would love to have her pretty mine up!

I love the thought of sureties in your life and i truly get what you mean...thanks for giving me a new way of thinking of and expressing that feeling. ;)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Your blog does look great!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley