My child is a published artist...

Monday, November 10, 2008

Crayola sponsors a program called Dream-Makers in which K's school participates. Many of the students from K-6th grades were given the assignment to make a poster about keeping our Earth green. They were then sent in to Crayola for a nationwide contest.

WARNING ... Bragging Alert!
WARNING ... Bragging Alert!

K was one of only 5 students chosen from her entire elementary school to be represented online. Yay! for K! Here is the link:
http://www.crayola.com/theartofchildhood/gallery/artwork.cfm?entry=5826&st=AL&gr=3&se=&pg=2&CFID=4150194&CFTOKEN=60460662

K never thinks anything she draws is good enough. She is always comparing what she does with her sister or someone else. I am so thankful for some fabulous Crayola person deciding that my K's work was worthy of recognition.

And just a side note...she has yet to brag or be a poop about it. She is genuinely surprised and (dare I say) humbled. It has definitely boosted her "artistic" self-esteem, which in all honesty was probably the only part of her that lacked.

Let's hope this "humbled" moment lasts.

9 comments:

Cari said...

How cool! Congrats to her!!

Beth said...

That is cool! Good job!

Dawn, said...

Hurray for her!!! How exciting!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

That is just fabulous!!! Congrats to your K!

*Lisa* said...

Wow, great job K! How fun. That is a really great drawing.

Hope you're all feeling better this week =)

Anonymous said...

WOWSERS!!! Way to go, K!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love the bragging alert. Congratulations, Kayla!

JT's Mommy said...

ah - that was a cool picture! Tell her congrats from me and uncle chris :)
I wish I was there to see her humbing moment - lol

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats and great picture!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley