My Honey

Friday, November 21, 2008

Remember these?

~
This is my latest flower from my Honey...


Yes, that is Melba Toast.
Yes, that is a mini-ruler.
Yes, I thought it was the best flower he could have given me.
~
Backstory:
I love Melba Toast. Specifically Sesame and Rye.
I live off of it when I am dieting.
~
On his way home from work, Steve stops by the store JUST to get me a box of Melba Toast. I didn't even ask. He was just worried my supply was low and knows how nervous I get when I'm out and get tempted to eat something else that I would regret. So he buys me a box and obviously decides I need a flower too. And being the silly guy he is, bought the ruler and some sticky tape to make the flower instead.
~
I love that he loves to give me flowers after 11 years of marriage.
I love that they still make me smile and that my heart skips a beat.
I love that when he brings a bouquet, he takes out a "special" flower for each girl and explains that they were picked just for them.
~
Today, and everyday from here to eternity,
I am thankful for my Honey.
~
And since I am focusing on my Honey today,
I will accept Sharon's "Hubby Tag":
~
Where did you meet?
We met at a YSA (young single adult) dance at church.
That same week, we "met again" at our Institute class.
(Class subject that term? Eternal Marriages. Yeah, it's awesome.)
~
How long did you date before you were married?
We dated for 3 months before we were engaged,
and were engaged for 3 months before we were married.
~
How long have you been married?
11 1/2 years.
~
What is your favorite quality of his?
His unequaled focus on his family.
The second he walks into the house, he leaves all stress, frustration, or sickness at the door. The kids never have a clue when he's had a bad day. He immediately jumps into SuperDad mode. Each kid takes a turn running from the back door across the house to the front door where he picks them up and swings them around and around. (even B) Then they're off to play tag, or wrestle on the bed, or he has to look at their latest "project", or help them get to the next level on their computer game. The man is the best dad in action I've ever seen.
~
What is your favorite feature of his?
Ooohhhh...his eyes and eyelashes.
If you've never paid attention, you really should.
(Just try not to make it obvious...I'd hate to have to explain why everyone is staring at him.) On second thought...go ahead. It might be good for a laugh. :0)
~
Does he have a nickname for you?
My Honey.
Literally those two words together "my" "honey".
He puts it on all cards and gift tags.
Sidestory: When K was little, someone asked her what her mommy's name is...
K answered: "Honey."
~
What is his favorite color?
Blue.
~
What is his favorite food?
Oddly enough, he loves meatloaf.
But he has a sweet tooth the size of Texas, so I have to also list brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
~
What is his favorite sport?
Football. He grew up with the focus being on the NFL (Seattle Seahawks), but being the loving wife I am have now almost fully converted him to a college football man. Roll Tide! (He says he only likes it when they win, but he suffers along with me when they don't. Good man.) And he is finally understanding my love of ESPN and my obsession with checking updates and stats.
~
When and where was your first kiss?
Our first kiss was in November of 1996.
We were in the Stake Center parking lot. Really.
But it wasn't inappropriate. :)
~
Do you have any children?
3 beautiful, funny, frustrating, and amazing little people...
1 son and 2 daughters.
And 1 dog. (don't get me started)
~
What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We are gamers. (Even though we are both super competitive, and through our first couple of years together my parents wondered if our marriage would survive it.) We relish game time when it is just the two of us, but we also love playing games with the kids and anyone else who is ready for a throwdown. ('Cause we will play to win.) :0)
We also love cringing and laughing over episodes of "The Office".
Oh that Steve Carell...he's such a loon.
~
How old is he?
39.
Next birthday is going to be fun!
~
What is his favorite type of music?
80s. No doubt about it.
~
What do you admire most about him?
His amazing capacity to love completely no matter how snarky I can get. He forgives easily and NEVER reminds me of anything negative. He truly lets it go. He is laid back and easy going. He is a homebody and would rather be with me and the kids that anywhere else on earth.
~
He truly is my "it" guy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all the great things you said about our son-in-law! He is THE BEST! Also . . . I was wondering if you planted the sesame seeds from your "flower" would they grow more "flowers"?

Dawn, said...

Your flower is breathtaking, truly!! I don't think there is anything sexier than a great familyman!! You two are so cute together!

Julie said...

How sweet! Can't wait to see you guys & stare at Steve's eyes and make him uncomfortable. :)

Quincy Sorensen said...

This is a great post about Steve. I loved reading all of it. A happy couple . . . a happy family.

Jessica M said...

That was so cute! I loved reading it. I LOVE that Kaylah thought your name was "honey". That's the cutest ever.

JT's Mommy said...

I swear I think he is related to my husband ;)
Oh - yeah - that's right - he is :)

Lisha said...

Fun post, I loved reading all about Steve.

Becki said...

What a great post! It's too bad I'm not in your ward anymore or I'd have to make sure to notice his eyes. :) BTW, you were up late last night. You're a late night blogger huh?

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley