Little Man turns 3

Monday, October 6, 2008

Is it really possible that you have only been in our family for 3 years?!
You'll always be my baby, but I just can't remember what we ever did without you.
Whether you are exploring, destructing, constructing, laughing, running, climbing, singing, dancing, hugging, kissing, loving, or just being...you are the best boy kid ever ever ever.



Your sisters adore you. You are the perfect peacemaker. One little smile or "why you sad?" completely erases all grumpiness. You adore your sisters in return. A lot. You ask for them when they are at school. You love to be with them. You let them mother you and boss you with such a sweetness, they'll never realize how lucky they are you don't throttle them. You drive your daddy crazy with your love of K's pink crocs & mommy's make-up, sunglasses, shoes, and necklaces (we refer to as 'man-beads'); but you are such a BOY that I can easily sit back and enjoy.

You can't get enough of your Daddy. And the feeling is extremely and undeniably mutual. You scream shouts of joy when he comes home from work. I can bribe you to do just about anything if you think you'll get to see your Daddy soon. You could not ask for a better example.

I am crazy in love with you. I have been since the second I heard your first little noise. I love everything about you...even the things that are frustrating. You have added so much more to an already complete motherhood. The blessing of having you as my little man is unfathomable. I don't begin to question it, I just humbly accept it.

Little man, last year at his party.
Notice the shirt...


Little man, this year.
Again, notice the shirt...


I'll admit I'm shameless.
But I plan on "advertising" until he knows enough to complain.

(Stay tuned for party pics coming soon...)

7 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe he's 3! The pics are great & the t-shirt is awesome! :) Happy Birthday Carter!

I can't wait to see him & Trevor together! Trevor will be psyched to have a playmate!

Your writings on your posts are wonderful & make me so jealous. I would love to make my posts as meaningful as yours. I'm lucky to write complete sentences right now!

(side note: the software system is GIMP. You can download it free at www.gimp.org - it's comparable to photoshop)

Give the fam some love from me! Can't wait to see you guys!

hope said...

He looks so different in those pics!! How his hair alone has changed!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

What a wonderful collage. Carter is so wonderful- happy birthday!

Stefanie H said...

awww what a cutie. U should post some pics of little man when he was a little baby! I've never seen him as a little baby :)

Jessica M said...

Looking at the pictures reminded me how much he has changed! What a handsome guy. Happy birthday!

B said...

What about posting a pic of his "happiness is a cookie in both hands" shirt?It suits him very well.
_Your loving b

Lacey Freeman said...

time flies too fast!! chase has the same "my mom rules" shirt and whnever you ask him wat it says while he is weaing it he says "my mom rules and is the coolest ever!" i didn't teach him that...;)

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY CARTER!!!=)

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley