I'd like two extra luvs with that please...

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I was the recipient of some extra luvs this morning.
(I guess the tears during my morning prayers didn't go unnoticed.)

Little man snuggled with me a full Playhouse Disney show more than usual. Oh how I treasured each and every warm little inch of his sweet little self wedged under our favorite "bankie".

And as if that weren't enough to cause silly grins until lunchtime...it got better.

I had closed my eyes for a minute and opened them to find little man stretching his little hand towards my face. I thought he wanted to poke my eyes or nose...the norm when I'm unaware. Instead, he said: "I want to kiss your eye, Mommy."

And he did.

Then I sat with that precious little man slobber on my eyelid until every last bit dried. It was the best sloppy kiss ever given and/or received.

I may never wash this eye again...

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a sweet boy! Isn't it precious how they know when you need some extra love?! If I could get Trevor to cuddle with me for more than 2 minutes I'd be be in heaven...guess he isn't ready for that phase yet...

hope said...

I love mornings like that. I think Skylah needs a afternoon like that before older brother and sister get home. I love Luvvin!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I think I'm falling in luv with you're little boy. what a sweetie!

Cari said...

Those are the best moments ever!! See, you don't even remember being locked in the laundry room now do you? Heehee!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

There is nothing that can make your heart soar like unexpected affection from your kiddos! My sons can turn my day around in a heartbeat with just a few words, smile, or hug; it only gets better! ;)

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley