Documentation of a genius in the making...

Monday, September 1, 2008

I've been trying so hard to keep an on-going list of little man's funny "isms".
I did this with the girls and now I have several lists in various boxes that I just don't seem to have time to track down and organize (some day *big sigh*). I don't want my most recent list to find it's way into the black hole of organizational suckage, therefore I am simply going to reproduce the list on my blog. Duh. Like that's such a novel idea. Hey, I never claimed to be brilliant. :)

Little man-ese
(about a year ago):
bop = stop
foo = food
boot = book
butt = button
sh_t = sit (yeah, that was embarrassing for a long time)
Gaygo = Diego
ed me yin = let me in
I gifs yit = I give it
wan go shide = want to go outside
ahhhbedahhhh = Fabulous (as in singing the song "Fabulous" from HSM2)
He would also shhh us a lot. He would stick the end of his finger straight into his little puckered up lips and shhhhhhh the heck out of us.

(more recent events):
I be wiiiiiiight back.
Deeeeelishus!
uh-cause = because
I no like _____ = fill in the blank with whatever he doesn't want
liming = lightning
lunder = thunder
peebuttah sammidges = peanut butter sandwiches which are actually peanut butter and crackers
tricle = tricycle
pockles = popsicles
pookie = computer (I have no idea, but it's cute every single time)

Impressive...
*He can count up to 16. Then it gets creative which is my favorite part anyway.
*He can navigate the tightest obstacle courses with his tricycle. He's fast too.
*He can not only work our remote control, but can program the DVR...correctly.
(side note about the "mote troll"...it is hard to figure out. You have to push just the right button for the screen options to come up before you can even choose if you want TV, DVD, or Cable. Then you have to push another button to get to the screen on the remote where we have our "favorites" programmed in. It is a total man remote. We have to leave notes for our baby sitters on how to use it. But little man has it down...no problem.)
*He has now figured out how to hunt down the key for our computer (the tower has a door with a lock...a total must after little man burned up two CD-rom drives), unlock the door, turn on the computer, get online, find noggin.com, and play several games before asking for help.
*He also can add stuff on the desktop which drives Steve insane, but I think is just funny.
*He changes our background daily with pictures from noggin. hee hee
*He erases messages from the answering machine.
*He reprograms the outgoing greeting.
*He changes the ring options (so he can dance to it, I kid you not).
*And now he answers the phone with the speaker phone button on the answering machine before I even get a chance to see who's calling on the caller ID.
*Somehow he always knows when it's time for Caillou or Wow Wow Wubbzy. I know he can't tell time yet, but he's within 5 minutes almost everytime he wants to watch those shows. Weird.
*He plays full-out games of hide&seek. If we ever want to see him be still and quiet...we have him go hide. That kid will hide in the pantry or the closet for up to 5 minutes without making a noise. Then when he's ready for a change, he'll call out: "You find me? I here!"

Little man is infatuated with his daddy these days, which totally bugs me, but I'm trying to be a big girl about it. (I'm not doing that great honestly. I'm pretty stingy when it comes to my little people's adoration.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is brilliant!! And you are correct, if you don't write down his sayings, you will forget them. Also, I know that you don't use real names on the blog, but I have loved what he has called his sisters.

Cari said...

Ha. I had a good laugh over this post. I so need to be better about documenting what my little man says, at least the little bit we have been able to figure out.

Lisha said...

Great post, so that's what I have to look forward to over the next year...

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Sam says go Gaygo Go! for Diego as well- that is hilarious. He's so cute!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley