I'm a little concerned about K.
Back story:
She has always been the obvious girly-girl of the family. She is a complete drama queen with a capital Q. She is the ultimate worry-wort...bordering on needing medication. She cannot stand to be hot...sweating is the end of her world. She has never cared for dirt, sandboxes, too much playdoh, or her stuff in her room being too messy. She refuses to use a toilet if someone has recently used it. She absolutely will not brush her teeth using the same sink as anyone else. And heaven forbid if her sister's perfectly clean panties get anywhere near her clothes...she most certainly will not wear them until they have been re-fluffed in the dryer.
Seriously.
But we love her. A lot. She keeps us entertained on an hourly basis. She truly needs to be on stage or TV. I'm not just saying this...others have suggested the same.
Why am I concerned...other than the obvious high-maintenance issues?
She comes home from school, completely THRILLED (and I do mean thrilled) about the science experiment her class is involved in, which includes dissecting (yes, I said dissecting) owl pellets.
Ew.
She is not remotely grossed out. (I am, by the way.)
She has assured me that they wear aprons, goggles, and gloves. (Sure wish I had a picture of that, though.) What do they find in these pellets?
Ew.
Rat bones.
Yep, rat bones.
K brought some home (lucky me), all labeled and cleaned up.
Brilliant and disturbing child found and correctly identified the skull (super ick), a femur, tibia, rib, pelvic bone piece, etc.
The offending paper has been folded and is STILL SITTING ON MY COUNTER. I seriously can't even open it without shuddering. I'm not sure if it's the bones, what they came out of, or that it once was a rat that disturbs me the most. What I don't get is why K thinks this is fun...? She is just weird.
And after thinking for far too long about what is STILL ON MY COUNTER, I have a severe case of the heebie jeebies.
I need to go do a full-body shudder now.
Tombstone
6 years ago






6 comments:
If it makes you feel better, I've had dead mice in my freezer for THREE YEARS! They're for Fred's snake and THANK GOD he's talking about giving the snake & the mice away. Yuck! Try opening up a freezer every day to see dead mice staring back at you! GROSS!
Where are the pic of the rat bones!! Hee-hee. I currently have a dead bat carcass, ugh, on my front porch, a gift from my kitties. Shuddering is so healing!!
I remember doing that in school. Yeah gross. But it was all dried up and stuff. Not like wet vomit. But it is still gross if you think about it.
Eww! Where was I during Owl Pellet disecting day? I must have missed that one when I was little. :) Thanks so much for coming last night! It was so good to see and your gift was adorable! I'm glad we can keep in touch, it makes me feel not so far away. :)
Are you sure that aliens haven't abducted our little K and substituted some clone? That she loves "scientific stuff" is really surprising, but kinda neat. Maybe she will make the next greatest scientific discovery!! Aren't children amazing?!?!?
Haha...I love it. I am SO glad I never had to dissect owl pellets...NO THANK YOU!
Post a Comment