Little man is trying to drive me insane.
Seriously.
For the past few nights (the last two being the worst), he will wake up in the middle of the night and call for me off and on for HOURS. I don't feel as though I can just ignore him since he is calling for me specifically. i.e. "Mommy...I need you." "Mommy...where are you?" "Mommymommymommymommymommy" You get the picture. And I really don't want him waking the girls up since they can be quite monstrous if sleep is disturbed. I can too, but I have to rise above. Anyhoo...
So last night, for instance, he starts at about 3am.
First, he's "scayared" of his shadow.
20 minutes later, he wants his night light off.
5 minutes later, he wants it back on. (I should have known better on that one.)
15 minutes later, he wants a drink.
10 minutes later, he has thrown it out and wants it back...oh no, changed his mind...take it to the "titchen pwease".
25 minutes later, he wants his fan on.
20 minutes later, he wants to know where Daddy is.
10 minutes later, he wants to tell me it's bedtime. (gee, thanks, I had no idea)
10 minutes later, he has no idea. He just hides his head saying "mommy" over and over.
After that, I lost count. It became utterly ridiculous around 5:30-something this morning.
By then, I've completely moved to the couch and am learning to deep-sleep in 5 minute increments. I swear I can be at REM in 23 seconds.
I probably should defend myself before I am judged too harshly.
I really am a bedtime Nazi. My girls get so frustrated with me during the school year, but I don't budge. Bedtime is bedtime. But for some reason, I just can't let him cry for me without doing something. Obviously, this is not the way to go. I do get that. I am not delusional. I just hate to hear him call for me in that pitiful little voice....especially when he's telling me he's "scayared". I know he got that from his sisters and he is totally manipulating me. So what is my problem?
I really want to just let Steve handle it one night, but then little man would start calling for his daddy, and honestly...I just don't like that. I want to be first priority....top dog....numero uno.
Okay, so maybe that's my problem.
Tombstone
6 years ago






5 comments:
Are you sure he hasn't done some sort of magic on you like turn you into Ella Enchanted? ha ha!
Just think one day he might have a few just like him! ;)
do you watch super nanny? haha!!
Ahhh, 3 am. I know it well. At least your child is still confined (still in the duck taped crib, right?). Let's have a sleep in the middle of the day party. I'm there.
PS- sorry about your misery
So very sorry little man is giving you such a fit right now but he's so darn cute! I can totally relate and don't even have a little one to blame it on - can't tell you the last time that I slept a full night without the aid of meds and occasionally they don't even help. Hope things get better soon.
My youngest man climbed in bed with us last night 'ascared'. I had his boney elbow, or knee, or shoulder, in my back the whole night. But since he is a 'grown' boy of 6 now... I have to take advantage of these moments of cuddling! Shawn is Ty's 'go to' person for sports and boardgames... otherwise, Ty wants me... and truthfully, I like that too!
Post a Comment