Back to school...already?

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My beautiful 3rd grader and 5th grader!
Where does the time go?


At B's open house last night, we had to go around to meet ALL the 5th grade teachers because this year she changes teachers for each subject. Fun! She is so excited! Another bonus for B is that one of her best friends, who also lives just down the street, is in the same class. An additional bonus for Mom is that she is a very kind and well-mannered girl with parents who expect her to be exactly that. Excellent.

K was doubly blessed this year...she has the teacher who was #1 on her wish list AND one of her "favorite best friends", Bree Bree Cutie-Patootie (as K religiously calls her), is also in the same class. Yay!!

I pray this year is a wonderful one for both my girls. They are growing so fast, and thankfully, also maturing (although not quite as fast). It is hard to realize that they are both officially big kids in the school. I'd swear just yesterday we were walking K in to meet her Kindergarten teacher and watching the class learn "Tootie-Ta". And wasn't it also yesterday that B was meeting her 1st grade teacher and feeling like a big girl because she didn't need a rest mat AND she could have a back pack with wheels? Yeah, I'm sure it was just a few days ago at the most.

So now little man and I are setting off on another year together. What will we find to do? Only time will tell.
Maybe I could try storytime again...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a minute. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that YOU were starting 1st grade??

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Oh wow!!!! I'm struggling a little with school this year...my baby will be in 3rd grade and i just can't believe it!!! My BABY. My first baby will be a SENIOR. It truly does seem like just yesterday we were walking her into ALL DAY kindergarten (I really struggled with the all day thing) at Madison Elementary. I am blown away by how fast the time has gone...kinda halps keep things in an eternal perspective, though...

Your girls are SO beautiful!!!! I remember B as a darling giggly baby in a carseat and now she's a beautiful young lady....I SO wish our Little K's could meet...I just know they would friends! ;)

I'll say an extra little prayer that you all have an excellent school year! :)

Dawn, said...

Gorgeous girls!!!

Lisha said...

Glad the first day was a success!

Jessica M said...

So adorable! I'm glad they're starting the year off with some good luck!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley