Not only did he fly my bestest out to spend my bday with me, but he took time off work so Krista and I could just come and go all willy nilly without having to worry about him or the kids.
No, I am not kidding.
He really did that.
SO completely fantastic, right?!
Krista and I had so much fun!
We ate so much food! Oh my gosh! I am not even exaggerating when I say that I gained 6 pounds while she was here. For real. But is was so incredibly worth it.
We talked and laughed and shopped and bought books and only slept when we had to. It was excellent! Friday night a few friends came over for some Krista time, and since my bday was the next day, I totally scored and received a few precious gifts. Thanks again. :)
A couple of highlights...
Funny moment #1:
Little man was not happy with Krista from day 1. He knew she was the reason his mommy kept leaving. Poor guy.
He came up to me and said: Kichta go home. Kichta go bye-bye.
He soon learned that method was futile, so he then pulled out the big guns...he started hanging all over her instead. You know what they say about keeping your enemies close. LOL LOL He took it upon himself to kill her with kindness. Anytime she sat down...plop...he was in her lap. Anytime she stood up and tried to walk anywhere in the house...arms would stretch out of socket...he had to have her hold him. And you can imagine how comfortable that was for her being almost 8 months preggers.
Yeah, it was funny.
Funny moment #2:
Steve and the girls always try to give me whatever bday treat I'm in the mood for, along with a candle so we can complete the proper tradition. This year was a milkshake...actually more of a melted ice cream sundae...but that's only because I didn't know what the timeline was for the bday festivities and in come Krista and I from Cheeburger with our Chocolate Cheesecake milkshakes (best in the world, by the way), so the family had to improvise with another ice cream treat since I already had a milkshake. It was fine, really...so Mom, don't go feeling all bad for them. :)
Isn't it lovely?
B drew a special picture for me.
Anyhoo...I'm sitting at the table with my amazing treat and Steve says: "Kayla wanted to put the bow on your present". Kayla then proceeds to walk over and stick a ribbon on Krista! So funny! It was actually funnier because she put the ribbon on her pregger's belly. I have pictures, but I've been forbidden to use them. Yeah, yeah. I know. Take it up with the pregnant lady.
A not necessarily funny moment, but one that deserves it's own time:The first full day Krista was here, we went to the pool. Picture this...all by ourselves...no kids...no one else at the pool. Little slice of heaven. The downside was that because we were able to enjoy the sun and water all by ourselves, the time literally flew by and before we knew it...it was 3 hours later. I was a little burned, but no big deal (thanks to my kids for needing to go swimming practically every day this summer). Krista on the other hand...ouch. She put sunscreen everywhere except for her legs thinking she could use some sun. Hmmmm...maybe not such a good idea. Her skin turned fuschia. I am not kidding. The front of her legs were the color of the pink/purple Dora the Explorer popcicles. Needless to say, we didn't go back to the pool. Although we did find a great use for those cooler gel packs. I have one that wraps around the inside of my collapsible cooler. For the next 2 days, anytime we were sitting around or Krista was in bed...she had that frozen gel pack laid across her legs.
Pictures not held under the "anal-friend mandate" (quite possibly because I didn't really show her all of them...whatever...too bad, so sad...hee hee):
Little man pulling his best "you can't leave me because I'm so cute and I'm sitting on your friend who I'm really ready to go bye-bye now" look.
FYI: B & I are on our tip-toes (and she may have been bending down a bit). Krista is so tall, the other pictures just looked wrong. The ONE thing I don't miss is feeling short and dumpy next to my 6 foot tall friend. She thinks I should feel dainty and protected...HA...I think not. Short and fat is more like it.
So now Krista is back home with her beautiful family. I know she missed them, and I KNOW they missed her. Steve, the girls, and I miss them too. And I absolutely HAVE to rave about Martin, her husband. He wanted to be able to come so badly, but instead he took time off work so Krista could come, relax, and really have a vacation. He not only was a single dad for 5 days, but he packed and loaded all the kiddos up and went to a family reunion. Yeah, aside from Steve...he's the best. But I'm sad. I miss my friend. At least I've gotten a good Krista-fix now. I should be good til summer. Florida here we come!
A just remembered funny moment:
Krista and I were in Kroger Saturday night doing some "last minute, hurry up it's almost midnight" grocery shopping when she gets a text from Martin. It only says: Genesis 2:18.
We have no idea...
And it's just funny that he's quoting scripture and assuming that we'll know what it means. (Okay, after looking it up, we should have totally known what he was insinuating, but we were sleepy and slap-happy.)
And once we actually read it...it got even funnier. Whew. Good times. Sorry to laugh at your expense, Martin because I know what a pain in the booty time you had with the kids at bedtime...but it was funny.
Friend time galore is the best!






7 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time, great visit and what a wonderful present! I bet it was good to see her even if the time was brief - what great husbands you both have! I enjoyed seeing her too even - she looked great even with her lobster-red sunburned legs!
What a fun time! What an awesome husband you have! and Krista's too!
Glad you had a great time!
LUCKY!! and Wow, you are tan!!
What an awesome Bday gift!!! Aren't good friends just the best?!?!
HEy - Dana and Steve - Just a quick thanks from this side of the fence. Krista really enjoyed getting away before baby numero quatro pops out. She told me numerous times how ehe enjoyed all the food, friends and fun.
Next year - I'm in too. No leaving me out. We are saving for our gulf shores vacation....
Dana you have to email me photos of our old run-down house. It will make me sad and happy all at the same time. Do it Please!
Thanks for taking care of Krista and Paisley and sending them back to me in one piece! By the way Krista is still peeling from her sunburn - nasty....
martin
B really can draw well. I love Krista! I am so glad you got to have her visit you for your birthday.
Post a Comment