It was great!
We started the week off by welcoming our newest niece/cousin to the family. She is SO sweet! Congratulations Jon and Marie...we love you.
The girls spent the first part of the week with Nana and Granddaddy in Boaz...playing games, creating fantastic pieces of art, running, jumping, climbing outside, staying up late watching movies, laughing, getting dirty, and just being kids.
While the girls were entertained elsewhere, Steve and I enjoyed some time with our little man. We tickled, sang, peek-a-booed, watched Caillou out the wazoo, ate lots of goldfish, raced cars, belly laughed, made a mess, and went on wagon walks (where Steve and I walk while little man rides in his wagon as we reminisce over the days we were small enough to be pulled in wagons...sigh).
I had "hidden" my camera in a compartment under little man. He must have some serious tushie sensors, because not 10 minutes into our walk, I hear his little voice: "Shirt." "Mouth." "Eyes." "Face." Since Steve and I are at the heart of our reminiscing, and I know little man is happily contained, I only halfway listen. Finally, I turn around to join in little man's conversation about his mouth, eyes, etc. thinking we would begin a rousing rendition of "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"...to find that the little stinker has discovered my camera and has been channelling his best Kim Greenfield. He took 11 pictures of himself.
He's a natural.
Jessica and I heart-attacked Dahnelle for her everlasting 29th bday. Later that night, we met up with other friends for an ice cream treat at Marble Slab. Yum.
It was time for a hair cut.
This picture does not do it justice, but I love it!
It took a lot of deep breaths, but I'm glad it's done.
Once the girls were home, we enjoyed relaxing family time. And what is the best way to relax?
Leg wrestling, of course.
(Little man was unsure of our activity at first. He was worried Mommy was getting hurt. I love that kid.)
B "flipping" her Daddy.
He is such a good sport. I'm too competitive...they had to work hard for our flips!
K "flipping" Daddy. (pushover)
And once little man was satisfied that all was in good fun and no one was getting hurt, he wanted in on the action.
Friday, my mom and I took the kids to Tuscaloosa to visit my Grandmom.
Grandmom is one of my favorite people in the entire everywhere! She has more personality and fire in her little finger than most people have period. She lives for her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And when time is on my side, I am more than happy to oblige. My kids adore spending time with Grandmom as well. She is a hoot!
The day was beautiful, so of course we wound up outside enjoying the warm breeze. We found some old plastic eggs and had a practice round for Easter two days later. K's bday also fell on Easter this year, so Grandmom made sure we had cake, ice cream, and birthday money for the birthday girl.
The kids enjoying being outside at our beloved Grandmoms.
I try to relish as many of these precious moments as I can. They won't last forever.
A happy family...what more could I want?






6 comments:
That was really a good week! Thanks for including me.
Yay! An update! It was worth the wait! Glad everyone is having fun. Love the pics with Grandmom!
What a fun week! I love the last pic that you little one took of himself. Was that the one he took right when he got caught cause the looks a little guilty. Heehee!
Leg wrestling, what a CLASSIC! Haven't done that in years... must revisit this immediately.
Those are the best kind of weeks!
I LOVE leg wrestling too!! We should play sometime!!haha
Post a Comment