Easter

Friday, April 11, 2008

Easter Eggs...

The girls wanted to go simple with the decorating, so we chose three colors, a few stickers, and the iconic wax crayon....but they insisted upon "fancy" glasses. Who knew dying Easter eggs could be so stylish?


K insisted on having one "pretty egg".


Here comes Peter Cottontail (aka the Easter Bunny)...

The girls always get so excited to discover what the Easter Bunny thought of for their baskets.


This year he thought of Webkinz. (yeah, he's hip)
A tiger for K; later named Chubbs.


A husky for B; the name escapes me (oops).


Color Wonder and bubbles for little man.
(I tell you, that Easter Bunny knows his stuff.)

Little man looking for more Elmo eggs...
with the PB M&Ms, of course.


In our Easter duds...

Sure the girls look pretty, but they still eat the ears first...poor bunnies.



It is practically impossible to get a picture without them wanting to "pose" with something. I'm glad they like their stuff and all, but come on...




Mom and Dad came over for dinner and of course brought Easter treats for the kids. We love our Poppa and Goppie!


I finally gave up on getting pictures without their stuff.
So be it, you stinkers.


Thank goodness mom and dad were there to get at least one picture of our little family. Fortunately, little man sat semi-still for this one. Yay for persistence.


This is what was happening during my fruitless attempts to actually get a picture of all three of my children...together. Silly mommy. What was I thinking?


Yummy candy, sneaky egg hunts, great family time, beautiful Sunday at church...a near-perfect Easter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing those are stuffed animals! They'd of squished them with all their sugar!;)

Doesn't everyone chew the ears off the choc. bunny first!?! or at least pull a Marie Antoinette and get the head!

Lisa said...

LOVE the "fancy" decorating that goes on at your house!!

Julie said...

Looks like you had an eventful Easter! Love the family pic! Those are the best!

shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shari said...

The "fancy" goblets are so cool. I am stealing that idea. Please don't be mad.

Lacey Freeman said...

Wow K looks so much like you in the picure where she is holding "chubbs". =)

Lacey Freeman said...

Wow K looks so much like you in the picure where she is holding "chubbs". =)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jessica M said...

Your easter egg pictures are so artistic! Ooo! Good work. And I'm still thankful we weren't struck by lighting or blow away by the wind during our door decorating. That's real love Dahnelle!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley