That just made it even more special.
The night before her birthday, I went in to tuck the girls in one last time and found myself just standing and staring at my beautiful B and K. How and when did they get so big? Wasn't B just my little Kindergartner, with her long blonde curls and chubby cheekies? Wasn't K just my little preschooler who enjoyed Storytime with Mommy so much more than anything else on earth?
I love my girls. They can frustrate the smile right off my face and the happy right out of my voice, but they fill me up with such joy that somehow it is always worth it.
As I watched my almost 8-year-old, I found complete contentment and joy in knowing that even though she is slowly maturing and changing...she still loves to cuddle her dolls, she can still enjoy a fun cartoon, she still loves to color, she still wants hugs and kisses from her Mommy. How long this will last, I don't know. And I refuse to dwell on it. For now, she is as much my baby girl as always...and I treasure every second.
After discovering the Easter Bunny treats, K was allowed to open one birthday gift before church.
Her own scriptures. She has been not so patiently waiting for these since B got hers a year and half ago on her 8th birthday. Now she has them and I am looking forward to seeing how much she uses them.
After church, we met Poppa and Goppie at the house for the birthday stuff.
(Thanks Goppie for K's cake...per her directions.)
These pictures crack me up.
K took great joy in making sure everyone knew the song was all about her. She is a nut.
What birthday memories are complete without the traditional blowing out the candles picture?
K specifically asked for four things this year:
scriptures, a party with her friends (pictures to come later), a Password Journal, and a tea set that she could really play with. Goppie and Poppa happily supplied the Password Journal...
And we supplied the "big kid" tea set.
This has already brought hours of fun and I am happy to say we are in the process of scheduling some "fabulous, dahling" tea parties.
I love that my K still enjoys creating and using her imagination.
Our home is filled with such fun and laughter when these moments are happening.
I so hope that these special times last and last and last...
I'm not being delusional am I?






11 comments:
It was a very special day for a very special little 8 year old!
How precious! She is such a doll!
a southern girl has got to have her tea set. k is so pretty!
I also got a set of my very own scriptures when I turned 8. I still have them and I still use them to study with. I used them all through seminary and institute. My mom taught me to draw simple pictures of the scripture stories in my scriptures so I could easily identify what was going on. So, my scriptures have this awesome combination of pictures I drew when I was a kid and my thoughts and feelings about certain scriptures that touched me in seminary, institute, and my personal study. I love my beat up scriptures and wouldn't trade them for anything. Oh, my parents also wrote their testimonies in the front and back cover of my Bible. It is so awesome to read over that so many years later and realize that their testimonies are still just as strong.
8 is such a special age! I can't believe the time has gone by soooo fast!
I love when kids use their imaginations too! Keep the creativity alive, K!!!
aw your posts about how fast your babies grow up always makes me scared of how fast the time flys! And i don't even have a baby yet! haha. Happy Birthday to K :)
How did I miss that this was K's GOLDEN BIRTHDAY? How special - Please tell her I though she looked beautiful in her baptism dress! And we appreciated being invited to share in her special day!
I hear ya... I just don't know where the time goes.
she has such a cute smile. she looks SO much like you.
Okay, I already feel those things and my baby girl is StILL a 4 month old baby. I am going to have serious problems on her first birthday much less her eighth? How do these cute cuddly chubby babies grow into kids? Then teenagers? I can't even think about it or I am going to start crying. I want Avery at 4 months forever. I could totally handle that.
She is just adorable!! Glad the b-day was super!!
Post a Comment