...as sung by K-fave, Hannah Montana, was the inspiration behind this year's "what do you want to be when you grow up" dress-up day at school.
Complete with leggings, plaid skort, bling Tee, head mike, hair piece, chunky bracelets, ribbon choker, juuuuust enough eye shadow and lip gloss to make a difference...Miss K headed off to school ready to present herself as a future pop star.
Asked how she'll make a difference in the world being a pop star...? Miss K answers:
I'll show that you can be cool and dress modestly.
And that my friends, is the future of our society.
I may have been a little let down that she didn't want to once again be a mommy, or a librarian, or a doctor, or an artist as in year's past...but my kid came through...
like a rock star.
On to the next daughter...
Anyone who knows B knows how obsessed she is with animals. And it is not a small obsession. She has begged for pets of all varieties since she could form words. She still pretends to be dogs or wolves or whatever the animal of the week is. She constantly checks books out of the library teaching how to draw animals. We have boxes, and I am not exaggerating, full of B's animal creations.
Last year, she went as a future owner of a pet store.
Since then, she has realized that she would have to give her precious animals away and then she wouldn't be able to check on them and make sure they are happy. She has now moved on to broader aspirations.
Can you guess?
She wants to be a Wildlife Conservationist.
Yep, I'm impressed too.
She came up with this on her own.
Yep, I'm bragging. I've got a good kid.
She went through all their stuffed animals and pulled out the ones she thought were "wildlife" enough. And thanks to Aunt Sandy's super cool cargo vest and outback hat from Australia, she loaded up the pockets, and was ready to go change the world.
So anywhere in the world there are:
pandas, otters, racoons, wolves, monkeys, leopards, and cardinals...all will be well.






8 comments:
It's not surprising that K wants to be star...she's a natural! If it makes you feel better, I wanted to be a star when I was little too. Now I'll be the future mother of 2! :)
ahhhh - arent they just the cutest?
And I am surprised you could find the hat and vest in my house! I left in such a hurry that the house was in a bit of disarray!
Love you guys! See you soon - woohoo!
haha, i'm a bit of a animal lover too! I always used to want to eb a Vet. (except i'm not fond of cats..so i changed my mind)
I am impressed by your girls! Modest star and a conservationalist... WOW! And coming up with that on their own... even bigger WOW!
Kaylah is a girl after my own heart. Can I borrow her hot pink feather boa? I think it might brighten up my next grocery trip. AND I want K to come do a devotional for my Young Women. Thanks.
How fun. Logan told me yesterday he wanted to be everything but a boy ballerina. he he he.
That is too cute. What a fun idea for school!
They are both too cute!!
Post a Comment