Never a dull moment...

Monday, March 17, 2008

No matter what he is into, time with little man is never dull...and I absolutely love it.

The other day, he heard the garbage truck coming into our circle. (He can actually hear it 4 miles away and announces the arrival for FOREVER before we can finally see the darn truck.)
He runs over to the front window and I am completely entertained with his truck sounds. He has gotten really good at all the "crash" "boom" and "vrooms". I look forward to garbage day every week. It is such a fun time to watch my son grow into all the great "boy" moments I've always heard about. This time however, in true little man style, he made his own "moment".
So he's rushed over to the window and he's making good strong truck sounds...I decide to take a picture of him enjoying his garbage truck moment...
There is my son, happily watching and crashing and booming...while he's applying my powder to his little face.

Oh geez...

I said: Son, whatcha doing?
He says: I powder vroom, Mommy.
(Well, as long as he knows.)


Little man has decided he likes to be a baby.
B, of course, is happy to oblige as "mommy".

She rocked and hummed and giggled at him for quite a while. I was a fairly shocked at how long the little tornado was happy to be snuggled and contained. I tried to do this later the same day, foolishly thinking I might enjoy a lengthy cuddle from my baby, but he only obliged me for a few blissful seconds.
Maybe I can get B to show me her secret.


Little man has figured out the ancient Chinese secret that "if I can't see you, you can't see me". Anytime he doesn't want to comply with whatever the request or command is at the moment, he quickly lays back his head with eyes closed..frozen in place.
This is when I attempted to get him out of the high chair he's discovered he likes again. (must be the baby thing)

Nope, I don't see him.
Little man...where are you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What grandmother wouldn't be proud of a grandson who can be invisible AND make sounds like a garbage truck while putting on his make-up. Our little "multi-tasker."

Dahnelle said...

That's great. You're mom's comment says it all!

Dahnelle said...

YOUR mom's comment. That's what I meant. I CAN'T BELIEVE I just did that particular typo.

Ang said...

So funny.

Lisa said...

Where is he?? Where O Where?? I can't see him....haha

Krista said...

Wouldn't life be so much more fun if that's how it really worked?

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley