Little Man Moments

Friday, March 14, 2008

Potty humor is alive and well in the Herwig household.
Oh joy.
Yesterday, I was trying my hardest at a quick attempt to change little man's Pull-Up. I laid him down, pulled off his jeans, and proceeded to pull off the Pull-Ups.
Big mistake.
My smell is off these days...meaning I don't always enjoy that particular sense if my sinuses are all screwy.
My smell was off.
As I pull off the Pull-Up, I quickly and unfortunately realize that little man has done some business....some stinky business. (FYI: Sliding poop down a toddler's legs is not a good thing to do.) As I am desperately trying to wipe the smeared poop off his little ankles, legs, knees, and inner thighs...I am also being grossed out.
I think poop is just better when you're expecting it. I've decided that surprise poop has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
I'm saying: "Ew!" "Gross!" "Yuck!" "Don't move! Don't move!" "No, don't try to TOUCH it!" "So gross...so gross...so gross..." Well, everytime I make a new comment, little man cracks up. He is full-out belly laughing. When I finally got him de-pooped, he said:
"Mommy, poo poo stinky." I said: "Yes, son. Poo poo is stinky. Could you tell Mommy next time you're stinky?" He replies: "Mommy poo poo YUCKY!" ... and then laughs like a crazy person.
Yeah, he knew. That stinker...literally.

Little man's vocab is growing like crazy! Everyday he enlightens us with something deep and profound. Well...maybe not so deep or even profound, but it sure is cute. I love hearing him talk in complete sentences. And the girls are over the moon when he'll just start some random conversation with them. The other day, however, I witnessed this: Little man was playing with his sisters. They were chasing each other around, sneaking, and pretending to "get you". All was fun until little man took one too many dives onto the carpet. He was doing this himself and thoroughly enjoying it, but all of a sudden he discovers carpet burn. He starts slapping at his knee and saying: "Ouch. Fweakeeng Owt!"
Yeah, seriously, my son is saying Freaking Out! ...
in the correct context. Wonder who he got that from...?

Little man finally peed in his potty.
It was an accident, but we still celebrated with a cookie and a picture.

No pee in the potty since.
Maybe next time we should have balloons.




8 comments:

JT's Mommy said...

ahhh - I cant wait to see him again. I hope he remembers us :(

Anonymous said...

That fweaking out! Is cracking me up!!! Boys are sooo hard to potty train! My little man is still being a stinker about the whole thing. He is always strippin down (a nude activist in the makin') when he has a dirty dipe, but he refuses to be consistent on the potty! I guess one day he'll do it(at least we hope)! :)

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Teeheehee....I think balloons are a must!!!! ;)

Stefanie H said...

oh boy. i can't wait to have a poopy baby some day. :-|

Wendyrful said...

We should get yoru little man and my little man together for some fweaking potty time! ;-)
Liam has some interest - o.k. most of the interest is to get nakey! and to read books! and to use T.P. to wipe (wipe what I don't know!), adn throw it in the potty and flush! The big draw... flushing! He accidently went pee pee once on the potty (or should I say NEAR the potty or in front of the potty!). he was sitting reading a book (while I had to sit in the bathroom with him), and when he actualy started to pee, he had to lean over and stand up to see what was going on! I think 2 or 3 drops landed IN the potty! UGH! He LOVES the pull ups (Go Go's! with Diego from Dora the explorer on them, thanks to his sisters). But routinely peeps on the floor! then comes to tell me he peed, and runs to show me, where exactly the WET spot is! yay! I guess that's better than not telling me. Last week he was wearing big boy underwear (training pants), he came running in signing 'toilet' with no pants on, so I get up to follow him to the bathroom (which we have to have a door knob lock on so he doesn't flush something BAD - he put a sheet of bubble wrap in the potty last week and started to flush! YIKES! or go fishing), and I see something on the side of his face! YUCK!!!!!!! EW GROSS!!!!!!! so then I have to FIND the mess that he took off ALL by HIMSELF! luckily the worst part of the mess was on him. GROSs! GROSS! GROSS!

Jessica M said...

That...was...gross. The computer is supposed to be an ESCAPE from reality. At least I only have one child in diapers at the moment. If only she weren't so wiggly as soon as she's put on the changing table.

hope said...

I have to say that my boy was the easiest... once we figured out what method worked that is! I am a supreme advocate of pottytraining in a day!! Skylah was the best subject for that. Now, it is my turn... YUCK!!! That's why I never did pull-ups during the day. Ew!!!

Wendyrful said...

Sorry, Didn't know who has done this already but if you havne't done this yet... you are tagged!
Check out my blog to find info.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley