Ode to the Flu

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Flu, flu go away-
Please do not fly ever again my way.
You'd think the fever and chills would suffice-
But to add the worst body aches ever...just not nice.

Flu, flu go away-
We have no desire for you to stay.
You wore out your welcome when you visited Steve-
And it was just mean to bother B before you decided to leave.

Flu, flu go away-
I'm really not in the mood to play.
You teased us for three days or four-
We thought you'd gone to visit no more.

Flu, flu go away-
Do not test me...not today.
I hurt, I ache, I sweat, I cough-
How many days will be enough?

Flu, flu go away-
Go far, very far, very very far away.
Away, away, away you must stay-
The rest of the family DOES NOT want to play!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending up a prayer that the patients in the Herwig Infirmery are better today. Love to all.

Anonymous said...

In the last paragraph you mentioned for the flu to stay, did you not really mean flu do not stay in my house? Or perhaps I misread the whole post. However I do hope and Pray that you and the family do get
well soon. At least Better real soon. Take care today and ever day, and may the healing touch of our living healing Father in Heaven touch and give all of you new energy and strength along with a healing patient faith. Daddy -- Amen.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Get well soon!!!

kg said...

Hope this is over soon....for good!

Lisha said...

Sorry, the flu is miserable! Can I do anything for you?

Jessica M said...

Your talents continually amaze me. You're in the the depths of illness and you're writing poetry. Good grief, if it's not the ribbons decorating the table, it's 4 am making "flowers". Keep up the good work. Hope y'all are feeling better soon!!!

hope said...

I am so sorry. I hate feeling like that. I am knocking on wood now for about 2 weeks!! Fortunately we have each only had the minor throat irritation and coughs. We shall see. Get well!!

Cari said...

I second Jessica's comments. I can barely take a shower when I'm sick, let alone create poetry.

Dahnelle said...

Sorry you're sick!

Charity said...

I am hoping the mark of red over my door will allow it to pass by my house! Hope ya'll feel better soon!

Lacey Freeman said...

Eww...i feel ya on that one. I had the flu about 3 weeks ago and I am still fighting chest congestion...I sound like I smoke 10 packs a day. It is horrible. When I had it, it was the first time I had ever had the flu and seriously the sickest I have ever been in my life. It is miserable! I hope you all get better soon!

Lisa said...

YUCK!! I hope y'all feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Feeling better yet???????????????????

JT's Mommy said...

Some one is reading too much Dr Seus to her kids :)
Hope you all feel better soon!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley