I'm just saying...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is it possible to know who is going to win American Idol two weeks into the season?
If so, David Archuleta is our guy.
This cute, little, 17-year-old, wanna put him in your pocket and save him for your daughter when she is old enough to date was so amazing last night on Idol that he made me cry.
I realize this outs me as an Idol-nerd, but it is what it is.

I wish he was the last one to perform every time.
He is so perfect to watch and listen to that it makes the entire torturous affair of listening to 6 of the others actually tolerable.

And if I was one of the girls who has yet to perform this week, I would just go ahead and try to make a deal to be one of his back-up singers. 'Cause that's about as good as it's gonna get.

Seriously, this kid is gonna win. And he is gonna win big.
I think I love him even more because he is perfect without having any ounce of seeming "hotness" about him. That tends to drive me nuts when talent turns into hype about "sex appeal"...ew. Cute little David Archuleta is just that...cute. My girls can watch him without me feeling the need to cringe or hover the mute button on the remote control. You just gotta love the All-American Kid.

So is it possible to know who is going to win American Idol already?
'Cause I do.
I'm just saying.

10 comments:

Karen said...

I am entering the blogging world slowly!! YOu can add me and I'll add you. I love the pic's of your kiddos.

Stefanie H said...

Omg, I shed a tear at his performance too!! he is very much so a cutie, in the beginning i underestimated him, claiming to not know what teh 'hype' was over him but after last night, he really is awesome. ALTHOUGH, i still totally think David Hernandez will go far too ;)

Dahnelle said...

You know how I feel about this. I might have to vote this season. I haven't been this excited over a contestant since Clay. Anyway, I think that David A. and David H. were the only 2 worth listening to at all last night.

Julie said...

Funny! Mom & I watch "Idol" too. Mom actually voted last night (for your guy). I'm just now watching the show since we weren't home. All I have to say is you better vote lots, b/c that's really what it all comes down to!

Jessica M said...

Funny, I was just having this same conversation this morning. Close the show, we've got a winner. David was AMAZING!!! Did you hear the screams in the audience?? He's got it allll in the bag. I looooove himmmmm!!!!

Wendyrful said...

This kid is waaayyyyy cute! Of course in my household they all love him! I do hope he makes it. Of course he already will get a contract, even if he doesn't win...

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%!!!!!!!

Lacey Freeman said...

I LOVE HIM! I missed AI last night, but luckily I TiVod it and will watch it tonight! I'm excited!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

You are so funny!!!!

I seriously think I must be missing something by not watching Idol (at least that's what all the moms told me at N's Bball game last night)... Maybe I'll try and catch it sometime...I'm sure I'll need a tutorial, so expect an email... ;)

Ang said...

He is sooooooooooo winning!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley