We're so glad when Daddy comes home...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yay! Daddy is finally home!
Steve has been on an overseas trip for a couple of weeks and this time we had no contact at all. It has been a long two weeks. Fortunately, he was able to come home 2 weeks early. I had gotten an extremely short email letting me know that he might be home early, but there was no way I was telling the kids just in case something happened that pushed his arrival back again.

But he did make it home. Yay!
The kids had no idea at all, and it was so much fun to see their expressions when they saw their Daddy standing in our home. What a great afternoon!

Little man could not stop smiling!
I have tons of these pictures with this big ol' smile.




And the girls literally tackled him upon first sight!


Steve could barely make it to the couch...
the girls would not let go of him for a second.


And 30 minutes later,
little man is still over the top that Daddy is home.


Whenever Steve is gone on a business trip, I go through my moments of appreciation for many things...that I am not a single mom all the time; that he such a fantastic dad that the kids miss him like crazy; that he has faith in me to keep the family together while he's gone; that I have perfect friends who call and check on me and my sanity; and that although Steve's job may send him away frequently, it is usually never for too terribly long.

I love my husband so much. I know I sometimes forget how much. And I probably don't always take the time to remind him of how much I love him. I don't mean gaggy expressions of love...I mean by making his favorite meal (which is one that is not low in WW points); baking his favorite dessert and making sure he gets more of it than the kids; ironing his dress shirts so they look "crispy"; not only asking about his day at work, but really trying to listen and understand without getting that glazed look...just a few small things that would show him everyday that I love him and I think of him and I want him to be happy to come home.

I could go as far as being happy for him when he beats me in a game, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I'm sure "healthy" competition shows love, right?

8 comments:

Dahnelle said...

So glad you're all in one piece again. Yet another great, thought-provoking post.I think it will be awhile before I get to the "thought-provoking" part of blogging.

Julie said...

So glad Steve got home early! It's always good to have Daddy home!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to have Daddy home! Enjoy each other.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home to my favorite son-in-law. GOD is so good for His Blessings continue wherever you are daily. May God's Love always be with you and your beloved family. May His Protective Angels keep you safe. Know that you are Loved and Prayed for daily. We are always here and ready to do whatever we can. Thank you for taking such great care of my daughter and grandchildren.

Jessica M said...

Whoo hoo! What a good surprise. I love the pictures of Carter's smile. I was going to call you today to see when we were going to have girl time, but I don't think you need it now. Blast! Let's go play anyway.

Stefanie H said...

aw, Boy do I know how awesome it is to have the Hubby home after working a long time. But i bet it's harder once you have kids. So YAY for his early arrival :)

Cari said...

I loath when Chris has to go out of town and it only happens once or twice a year. I am a fraidy cat big time. Plus, I just miss him like crazy. You are a serious Superwoman to survive it as much as you do.

Your little boys expression says what kind of father your hubby is.

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

OMGosh, do i hear ya! This is exactly the Karlie reaction every single week. The big kids are a little more, um, reserved, in their excitement to see their dad, but they feel it none the less. B has been commuting to Denver for 3 years now, so it's kind of become a way of life, but it's still pretty excellent when he gets home! =)

Awesome pictures, btw. You're my inspiration! ;)

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley