Top Pics a' la Kim

Thursday, January 10, 2008

When I think of my favorite pictures from 2007, most of them aren't even ones that I took.
I am one of the fortunate ones who happens to have for a dear friend, an extremely gifted photographer. My friend Kim is one of my favorite photographers, period. I love the way she uses color. I love how raw and organic her style is. It suits my style so perfectly, I feel some connection to most of her photographs regardless of the subject.

My absolute #1 most favorite quality of Kim's photography is the way she captures "the" moments. You know she's taking pictures...lots of pictures...but it's not until you see the finished product that you realize how amazing it is that she literally "captured" moments you didn't even recognize. Somehow she found a perfect shot during the time you thought your kids were being difficult. Somehow she is able to offer you a picture that really shows true personality. Maybe her talent is accentuated by her fun personality and genuine character. Whatever it is...it's a beautiful combination.

For those of you who have been blessed to have had Kim take pictures for you, you know what I say is true. And you can also appreciate how practically impossible it is to choose a limited number of favorites when you're in love with so many. But I did my best. :)

These are my Top "Kim" Favorites of 2007:

a moment alone.


i love you.


well, hello there.


goofy girls.


strands.


freckles and gaps.
a daddy's hug.
sisters.
whoa!
laughter.


peek-a-boo.
pretty girl.
sweet love.
wheee!
solitary swinger.


back to school.
big sisters.
just woke up.
shmooshable.
jump.
And my #1 favorite! :
i get you.
Thanks, Kim. You are the best!
And if any of you are interested...there is a link to her photo site under my links.
Your beautiful family pictures are only a click away...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to Kim, 2007 was full of summer and fall colors, beautiful and energetic children, happy families, and lots of love! Thank you, Kim, your talents are amazing.

Cari said...

I have to say that "smooschable" is my favorite! So cute!

Becki said...

Soo cute! Oh and by the way, I'll be there next Wed. :)

kg said...

Thanks Dana, glad you are enjoying and thanks for the practice :)

Lisha said...

Love 'em, can't go wrong with KG!

Lacey Freeman said...

wow she is so good. i wish we lived there still to get some good family pictures! maybe when we come and visit.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Too cute! Kim does beautiful work! :)

hope said...

Finally recapped on all your recent posts! When I heard you were busy preparing for your hubby to leave town I didn't think much of it except, "Why?"... however, with the pottytraining taking place I can understand and appreciate it now!! I guess for me when Shawn leaves it is more like, "Okay, see you in a couple weeks". Don't get me wrong, I love him. Anyways, as my mouth wanders so do my typing fingers! I love Kim's pics as well! And you are so right about how she captures everything!
Take care!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley