Today, we, the local bloggers in our little corner of the world, had a blogger luncheon.
We had such a great time, and I'm pretty sure we're already planning one for next month.
We did miss our blogger friends who couldn't make it for various reasons, but hopefully can make it next time. And of course, yours truly forgot to take pictures. Duh. What blogger of any worth forgets to take pictures of a blogger luncheon?! Well, that would be me. (big sigh)
Regardless...we had yummy food, fun conversation, and lots of little people running around without a care in the world. Isn't that just a brilliant combination for a great day with friends?
The best part of today were the friendships that were strengthened face-to-face in addition to the friendships we had already developed through our blogs. We are so blessed to have good friends. We can share with each other the goods and bads about our days, our families, our husbands, our laundry, etc. and know that there are no judgements. We just laugh, care, and support.
I think it is vital to our sanity as mothers, wives, women in general to have solid friendships. Sometimes a friendship will develop from somewhere you never expected. Sometimes a friendship will be nurtured into a bond liken unto a sister.
We are each strong, capable, independent women. However, we each can always use a friend. I truly believe you can never have enough friends. And I also believe in best friends...near and far.
So my challenge is for you to make the time and schedule a lunch or a dinner or some easy "event" for one or more people you are already friends with or who you would like to get to know better.
And if I happen to be in your little corner of the world... Thanks, I'd love to come! :)
Tombstone
6 years ago






10 comments:
man i will BE THERE next time ;)
I had a great time catching up with everyone and eating all the delish food - THANKS for hosting! Hope we can do it again soon!
I would love to do it at my place next month if you are all up for it! I thoroughly enjoyed today!! Funny thing is I just posted an update on my blog and mentioned today briefly, but said almost exactly what you said about it!! Now, let's plan on a Kaoreoke Wii night soon...(maybe for Shawn's birthday... when does hubby get home??) and we can let our kids run a muck! Thanks for hosting!!! And I really have to have the recipe for the soup and that dip (who brought it?). If you don't post again soon I will have to force myself to do an archival search!
I was SO bummed I couldn't make it. It sounds like ya'll had a great time and good eats, which is my favorite combination. I definitely want to come to the next one so don't forget about me!
We had so much fun at the BL! Even Ashton made a new friend!! It was nice to meet my new "friends" in person and get to know everyone better! BTW, my MIL practically licked the cup when she was done with the soup! She loved it!
Sounds like it was a blast! I agree with your thoughts on friendship and what a great way to nurture your friendships! Sorry I couldn't be there =)I loved your challenge and will take it...with Bruce working in Denver and our busy schedules and lives, I really don't nurture my friendships enough...thanks for the push! =)
It was a very fun morning! Thanks for organizing it!
Okay, so please quite rubbing it in that I am not in that little corner of the world anymore...sounds like a way fun morning! I guess I will just have to start one here.
Amen. Although, I will try to keep Hailey from injuring other people's kids in the future. Sorry Hope!!
Post a Comment