Happy 2008!!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It finally happened!
The girls stayed up to ring in the New Year...
with minimal bickering and freaking out even.
We are off to a good start. :)

Just the way I love to begin a New Year...
playing games with the ones you love.
Can I revel for just a moment in the sheer glee that my girls love games as much as I do?
Ahhhh.....


Of course I wanted a group shot...

...but if you really love me or even just kind-of like me a little, please disregard the wrinkles around the eyes.
I'd hate to start a new year with a complex.
But what I do love about this picture are the simple things:
Steve trying to squeeeeeeze in and juuuuust barely making it...
K's gappy smile (you only get those kind-of smiles for a little while so you just got to love them while you can)...
B's glasses all skewampy and not minding a bit...
and me, popping up just to be a part of the fun
(no matter how tired I look).
So here's to a brand new year with my family. We may be silly, we may be grumpy, we may be a wide variety of adjectives; but we are together...forever.
How blessed I am!

It was just too late for little man to be awake, but since I just can't stand to leave him out of the moment, I'll throw in some serious cuteness to fill in the blank...

The cuteness factor just sky-rocketed, huh?
Do you see the one little dandelion seed stuck to his sweet little lip?
I may need to go wake him up just to shmoosh him one good time... ;)


To all our friends and family, near and far, we wish you a most blessed and rewarding 2008.
May you not only seek out the many blessings you stand in need of and undeniably deserve, but may you also fully recognize the multitude of blessings you receive everyday, no matter how small.

Love to all.

4 comments:

Lisha said...

Love the pics! I wish my hubby loved games, but the girls do, so some day I'll get them going on something more than Guess Who and Chutes and Ladders (actually, the game world is beginning to open up!). We need to get together!

Lisa said...

Ahhh! So cute!

Happy New Year!

Stefanie H said...

i LOVE that picture of C. He's so so cute!

Anonymous said...

Who knew that our playing cribbage, rook, monopoly, scrabble, etc. when you were growing up would continue and become a family tradition. Of course, you remember that I slept through most of the games!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley