I need to preface these videos...as any anal mother would. As I opened my Christmas gift from one of the girls, I said, with obvious over dramatization: I looooooove it! Well, this caught on with the whole family. Everyone just had to say it each time a gift was opened. It was quite hilarious. And wouldn't you know that little man had to get in on the fun. He opened a book, I think, and said so clearly and just so perfectly enunciated: I luuuf it! That little phrase had to be one of the highlights of the day. So of course, as any good parent would, Steve and I relentlessly tried over the next three or so hours to have him repeat it for the camera. And as anyone with children know...they don't always perform when you want them to...
Thus, this video. Yes, he is extremely cute with his bed head and his sweet little face...but notice that I continue to hound my poor son to repeat THE phrase. Also, listen for his cute little "chugga chugga whoo whoo" at the very end (if you can hear it over me being a typical 'stage mom').
This next video is funny (at least to me) for a couple of reasons. But let me preface my preface... I have been asking for a laptop for a while. I mean I have really begged. Steve supposedly was even refusing to consider it until we took care of a couple of other things. So when he surprised me with a laptop for Christmas, I was just that...surprised. The funny thing is, is that he had me open two other gifts first that in reality went with the laptop, but without knowing that I was getting a laptop and not being necessarily the most computer savvy person, I didn't know what the heck he had given me. He just told me they were things to "help" with our computer. I figured...okay, well at least I had something to open...not his best try, but I'll get over it. (He's so tricky.) Anyway, in the video I call him a liar. That would be in reference to the previous "gifts". I am not just being rude.
The other reasons this video is funny to me is because of #1: Kayla's reaction to my gift (See if you can hear her in the background. It cracks me up everytime.); and because of #2: I am still pestering little man to say THE phrase. You can catch a glimpse of it. I just watched it again, and it still made me laugh, so I am definitely sharing the moment.
Thanks for indulging a girl her fun. :)






6 comments:
OMGosh! Those videos are hysterical! Excuse me!!! =) I must admit to a little jealousy over your extreme good fortune at receiving your own laptop...I get REALLY tired of seeing the 'the system has recovered from a serious error' message after the kids have been gaming or downloading music...ugh! BTW, girl, you look great! =)
I am always amazed at how the past will come back to you...the little random bits of wisdom or humor from people or places seemingly long forgotten. This week has been a huge trip back in time for me and it has even made me a little homesick for that time and place in our lives. I know that everything happens for a reason and in the Lord's time...although my relationship with the church has changed (quite a lot) in the last few years, my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior has not and I am beginning to suspect that reconnecting with some of my friends from Madison is not just a random occurance... Given all that, it blows my mind just a little that I could have said anything in the context of the church that made an impression on anyone, especially after all this time...I guess I should probably be more thoughtful about what I let fall out of my mouth...I bet there are people out there whose memories of my words are less than shining!=)
Thanks for the video - it was like actually being there for the big moment. I love it!!!!
haha. he is just too cute...i can't believe how big he is. i guess he really is closer to chase in age than what i had always though because when he was born chase was just so big to me compared to a teeny little newborn!
Congrats on the laptop... I'm jealous, mine is in the computer hospital for a couple days and I'm stuck on the family computer of which we have no speakers hooked up to yet. So, I watched your videos and didn't hear the cuteness... bummer. Soon, though! :)
Congrats on the laptop!! I have taken over Chris' laptop and call it my own, much to his annoyance. heehee!
Your little guy is so cute. I think my fave part was when he smooshes his face up against the window thing. Too funny!
Those are fun videos!
Post a Comment