Can Christmas really be over?
I know it was bearing down on me with a vengeance for weeks, but I'd swear it whooshed right on by without much of an appearance.
I think we should start a petition or a movement or something that will allow us to enjoy the actual day of Christmas for at least 72 hours before the holiday is considered officially over.
I don't mean that I want presents to be given and received non-stop for 3 days, or that I relish the thought of any more cooking and baking than is absolutely necessary...but wouldn't it be nice to know that after all the stress and worry and aggravation and "hustle and bustle", we get to savor more than a few exhausted hours?
Is it too much to ask that I have a couple of hours where my eyes aren't filled with sand?
Is it okay with the world that I get the chance to try and catch up on just a little bit of sleep without feeling like I'm losing precious time with my family?
Wouldn't it be great to have a 3-day spread of vacation time for everyone who gets limited time off from work?
How wonderful it would be to have 3 nights where we can turn off all lights except for the Christmas ones and just sit and feel. I know that many of us probably take the time to sit and enjoy the ambiance of Christmas lights for as long as possible, but you have to admit that there is something special about that very specific feeling associated with Christmas Eve and Christmas night.
I, for one, would love an extended plan.
I have a "few" pictures that I've been putting aside just waiting until I had time to post again. I really will try to only use my favorites, but that might not actually narrow down the number...so I am going to give my Christmas memories of this year their own special place.
Take a sec and click on this link...http://herwigchristmas.blogspot.com/...and even though the 25th is a few days behind us...
Merry Christmas, my dear friends!
Tombstone
6 years ago






6 comments:
Loved all the pictures! And, I agree, I could use a couple more days of Christmas... just visiting and loving and BEING. Oh well. And, yesterday, we finally made it out of our PJs, so don't feel so bad! :)
P.S. Love the new layout and the layout of your Christmas blog... did you download elements?
aw thats so true. This year Christmas just felt like it went SO fast. I almost feel like i'm still waiting for Christmas to come! But it's already passed.. But i loved the pics of your Christmas... especially the one of your little guy and his Slippers haha So Cute!
I agree. You're so busy preparing for Christmas that you don't get to fully appreciate it.
Love the new pics on the blog. I like how you fit the pic on the Header. How did you get it to be the right size?
Yes, it was a wonderful, but speedy Christmas. It was great to have our "little family" all together for a couple of days. Loved all the gifts from you all, but [you're right] the pictures were an extra special gift!! Such an amazing surprise. Can't wait to show them to everyone. I almost took them out to show the mail carrier!!
P.S. Happy New Year to all you bloggers and blog readers out there in cyberland. May 2008 be healthy, happy and blessed for you all.
looks like yall enjoyed your christmas! i love american girl dolls. i still have 2 from when i was younger...molly and an american girl doll of today. i cant wait to give them to my girls one day!
when you changed your layout did you loose all your blogge links? when i did it last time i lost EVERYTHING!
Love the new layout!
We are kind of lucky b/c my b-day is the 26th and my hubby's is the 28th so we do get almost a week of celebrating and presents.
I enjoyed your Christmas pictures. I love looking at how happy everyone is.
Post a Comment