I love a toddler's new found vocabulary.
It is one of life's precious treasures for me.
Since it has been 5 years since we've had a toddler, I have adored every minute of little man's jabbering. For months now, he has called a telephone a "muh". I have no idea why. And yes, it did take me a while to figure out what he was asking for. I at first thought he was asking for me, but then quickly discovered it was not me he wanted. :) So "muh" has been 'phone' for us around here. And I have loved it.
Here come the tears...
This morning as I lift him out of his bed, he points to one of his little phones...and says...clearly and distinctly..."phone". I tried to be happy of this new milestone, but so far, I'm still a little pouty about it.
Oh, I gotta go...the muh's ringing.
Tombstone
6 years ago






4 comments:
Yes, some words do go by the wayside . . . "dishlicious", "effinent" and "haha". Do you remember those???
Oh, this post makes me sad :( I look forward to Noah talking and yet, like you, I dread the change.
I totally understand! My 4 year old has switched from Momma to Mom. I bet you can hear my heart breaking all the way in Alabama!
Oh, I'm so sad for you! Lexi used to call grapes 'lo-los,' and here she is just turning 16. It is a sad thing to watch our babies grow.
Post a Comment