Globbing brings family together... :)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reading my cousin's blog, reminded me of something funny.

My Grandmom has absolutely no use for computers or for anything more technically advanced than a cordless phone. We've all tried for years now to convince her to get a computer even if only for email...but no luck. Since I've been blogging, my mom has tried to explain to her what "blogging" is. Sometimes Mom will print her off some pictures and mail them to her (snail mail, of course), or every so often she'll read a post over the phone. So basically, Grandmom has no idea what I do on the computer...which is fine since I'm going to print each post and make her a fun little blogger-book for Christmas.

Here's the funny part...
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, some cousins, aunt and uncle were visiting at my grandmother's. They had their laptop with them, and my cousin, Julie, was able to show Grandmom our blogs. Grandmom loved them! She thinks they are the greatest thing! (Especially now that she knows what the heck we're talking about.) She loves that we (the cousins with kids and new babies) can keep in touch and share pictures so easily no matter where we are living. She kept reminding us when something cute or funny would happen with the kids to take pictures so we could...are you ready for this?...so we could "glob" about it.

Isn't that hysterical?! So now I'm a "globber". I love it!

And you know what?
I think that might actually be a slightly more accurate word.


Julie, Grandmom, & Me (Ain't we cute?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandma is so funny! I love the "globbing".

Julie said...

Globbing rules! Great idea to make Grandmom a book of your posts! She'll LOVE it! Cute pic! Can't wait to see more!

Lisha said...

I seriously laughed out loud for a good couple minutes over this! It reminds me of my grandma. She does have a computer and does use it, but she is so completely clueless about it. She told Carly, after Carly told her she had a blog, that , "I don't even know what those things are, but I just read Alisha's to know what's going on." Well, that's what a blog is! Thanks for the sweet story!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that's cute. My sister actually calls me globber, or globby, or globster. It's a long story. I'll probably do a blog about it, I mean a glob about it. :)

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley