Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Today is Thanksgiving.
Today I will be thankful.
Today I will also overeat, but I don't think I can be too thankful for my own glutton. So back to my original thought...

I am thankful for my family.
No amount of adjectives or fancy superlatives could ever do justice to how much I love my people. They are my everything.

I am thankful for my honey...ever long-suffering, but always supportive and ready with a hug or a much-needed look that just says: I love you. (This look may not necessarily say 'I love you', but it sure will spark a fun and animated conversation when he sees that this is the picture I posted. :)
What's love without a little teasing?)


I am thankful for my sweet B. She has a mind full of unbelievable imagination and this amazing capacity to love without question. And lately, I can see the potential for an outstanding babysitter. That makes me happy.


I am thankful for my spunky K. Having this child around means you will never know a dull moment. Each day is full of either tears or laughter with this little personality-plus. She keeps everything entertaining.


I am thankful for my little man. He is joy for me. His giggles and newly discovered vocabulary melt me into never ending puddles. Even though his insatiable appetite for adventure can be frightening and exhausting, I somehow still look forward to all the discoveries and excitement he uncovers.


I am thankful for my family...intimate and extended. In my home, around my home, or outside the house somewhere. :)
We are a good bunch. We laugh, we love, and we live the heck out of life. I appreciate a day to set aside the things that tend to get in the way of what really matters. No, I more than appreciate it...
I depend on it. Today, I remind myself of how much I really do love my little family...
...no matter what!


Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Cari said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he set up families.

Lisha said...

Beautiful thoughts! I love how our family mirrors each other so well!

Lisa said...

Great post! We have lots to be thankful for, it's nice to remember that!

Jessica M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica M said...

Dana, I love your pictures. I actually started laughing out loud on some of them. Thanks for bringing a bright spot to my day!
PS sorry for the deleted comment, typo, mother-brain, yeah...

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley