7 Things...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've been tagged...again...thanks to my friend, Mandi.
After coming up with 100 things about myself and trying to describe myself using the letters of my name, I don't think I have much left. But this time I'm only required to uncover 7 unknown or little known facts about myself, so maybe I can handle it. It's a good thing I love Mandi and I owe her tons of favors for being my own personal woodworker, or I would harass her for a good, long time for this. grrrrrr ;)
Oh well, nothing like the present...so here goes...

#1
This may not be much of a shock to some of you, but I have some serious laundry issues. Wait...that is a serious understatement...I live in perpetual Laundry He--. I don't know what is wrong with my genetic make-up, or my psyche, or what, but I cannot get on top of this problem. Again, an understatement...laundry is my own personal Goliath; only I don't think I've got what it takes to knock this big bully out. I may need to 'unload' my laundry trials and tribulations at a later date. I feel as though my issues are too ginormous for this fun little list. Anyone with any suggestions are happily, yet doubtfully accepted.

#2
I love to play games. Again with the understatements...I LOVE TO PLAY GAMES!! I love any kind of games...board, card, team, word, puzzle, strategy, computer, Atari :), Wii, guessing, outdoors, and even Pretty Pretty Princess. I do enjoy the fun of it, but I can also play competitively. And if my fellow players can handle it, I can throw in a little smack-talk. Ooooh...it makes me giddy just thinking about the joy of it all! Anyone up for a game night? Bring it!

#3
I love sweet and salty snacks. I think for most people, this is a love it or hate it thing. I, for one, love it! I remember the first time I ever ate a chocolate covered pretzel...one of my fondest holiday memories...ahhhhh. No seriously, I really do remember the first time I ate one. I was in heaven! I remember that I started to get very possessive of the amount left in the bowl. I tried extorting some and hiding them in baggies and napkins for myself for later, but people kept finding them. grrrrr And then one year, my Grandmom made chocolate covered Ritz crackers with peanut butter. Mmmmmm, yummy. I remember being a kid and dipping my fries in my chocolate shakes because the taste sensation of the sweet milkshake and the salty fries was dizzyingly divine. So if you ever want to bring me goodies, remember the salty and sweet thing. But of course, I've never turned down any sort of treat in my life and I don't intend on starting now.

#4
I love to take pictures. I'm not saying I'm good at it, I just love to take pictures...especially of kids and people when they're involved in something. I like to try and capture the moment of fun, or frustration, or whatever the moment finds. I'm not like my overwhelmingly gifted photographer friends. I don't search out the picture in everything. I don't take pictures of hubcabs or trees or cool bricks on a house. I LOVE that they do and somehow turn it into amazing art, but knowing I don't possess that talent, I just leave it alone. :) But I do love taking pictures of my family...my little people and their friends. I've borrowed my cousin's phrase for myself...the Mommarazzi! Ain't it great?

#5
I can never pick a favorite color. I've always had this problem. I try to choose, but then I just feel guilty for leaving out all the other ones that make me happy. If you ask my kids, they will tell you my favorite color is green. I think they've come to this conclusion because when we play games, B takes yellow, K takes red, Steve really likes blue, so I take what's left. But green is not my favorite color. I cannot choose one. It just isn't fair.

#6
I wish I could sing. I mean I actually covet this talent. I would prove to you I can't sing, but then I would feel worse about my inabilities, you would have to suffer through the sound, and well, there is just no sense in putting any of us through that kind of torture.

#7
I love to visit. There is just something comforting in sitting and chatting with someone special. I love groups, one-on-one, or over the telephone. I love what you learn from other people. I love to see how other people draw out stories from me. I love the bantering of shared experiences or the investing in new information. Time together with others makes close friends dearer, new acquaintances friends, and family more sacred.

4 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Oh boy do I share your hate for Laundry! I feel your pain. And i love sweet and Salty snacks too! YUMMY! Have u ever tried a "Take 5" candy bar? Those are really delish.

Mandi said...

I am with you on the fries in the chocolate shake thing, is there really any other way to eat them?! Oh and I am so up for a game night... tell me when and where!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nifty! Wendy's fries are GREAT with Frostys!!! A missionary introduced this to me.

Lacey Freeman said...

okay so i want that recipe for the ritz crackers and peanut butter...that sounds AMAZING! i am addicted to peanut butter. and i liked that post. =)

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley