I really really really wanted to share another dessert, but I decided I probably needed to think like a responsible parent. As I dove back into my recipe pile, I did find one that I had forgotten about. This one is a fun dish. And of course, it is super yummy!
My friend, Krista, is the originator of this dish. Unlike her Spaghetti Pie which I changed into Spaghagna...I really didn't change this one too much. I only decided to almost double the original portions. We just like our layers thick around here. So if when trying this dish, you realize you'd like a "watered down" version, let me know and I'll be glad to give you the original recipe. Thanks again, Kreeeesta!
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriandar
2 TBS cilantro (I use dried because fresh has a tendency to burn.)
1-2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can green chiles, drained (size of can is optional)
1 large jar red enchilada sauce
8-10 6-inch tortillas (kind is optional)
4 cups shredded Mexican cheese
8 oz. sour cream
Saute' chicken in olive oil with cumin and coriandar.
In bowl, mix seasoned chicken, cilantro, beans, and chiles.
Spread 1/2 of enchilada sauce on bottom of 9x13 dish.
Place tortillas on sauce, overlapping edges.
Spread 1/2 of chicken mixture over tortillas.
Spread 1/2 of sour cream over chicken.
Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese over sour cream.
Add another layer of tortillas and cover those with last of sauce.
Spread second half of chicken mixture over that.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375.
After 30 minutes, remove foil and add remaining sour cream
and cheese.
Bake additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
I have made this with fat free sour cream, Sargento's reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese, and whole wheat tortillas. It is still incredibly delicious and so much less in fat and calories, you wouldn't believe it. When I'm counting points for Weight Watchers, I will even make one corner especially for me and only add a slight sprinkling of cheese. And it is STILL yummy.
Enjoy!
Tombstone
6 years ago






4 comments:
Oooooo! I must try this! Between my friend, Emily's Pumpkin Bread post and your enchiladas I think I can make my fam extremely happy tonight!!! LOL
Sounds yummy! I have all the fixin's, I think I may try it this weekend!!
another one added to the file....
The recipes I have been getting from everyone is my hubby's favorite thing about me blogging. He hummed the whole time he was eating the spaghagna. Keep um comin!
Post a Comment