Today has not been a good day.
I have cried...a lot. I have prayed for myself...harder than in a long time.
And fortunately on top of all the ugliness of today, I have been surrounded and buoyed up with the blessings of my unfailing friends who helped me through the worst of it. What would I have done without their immeasurable love and support?
I love my dear friends with a fearless passion. Of course, I don't tell them that on a daily basis, but I do love them nonetheless.
My beautiful children distracted me with the fun and innocence of childhood this afternoon.
What a blessing they are!

So to move forward and put behind me the things that only try to drag me down, I will focus on what is most precious in my life. How grateful I am for my family! How grateful I am for my children! They can drive me crazy, but they also fill me up with all the good things in life. As much as I try to be worthy of the inspiration to be able to teach, nurture, and guide my children as they grow and mature, they also teach me. Some days I don't particularly like the lesson I'm learning, but those are usually the lessons I need the most.
I know as my little people grow up, they too, will have horrible days. I know there will be those times they feel down and forget what is good about themselves. I know someone will hurt their feelings.
But I also know that I will try to protect them from those moments as long as I can. I know we learn and grow from these trials, but today I can't stomach the thought of my babies feeling like I felt today. So let me enjoy today as a day that I can protect my children from thoughtless and hurtful comments. Let me enjoy today as a day that I can offer them praise and verbal expressions of love. Let me enjoy today as a day that a squeeze and a hug warrants a huge smile and a crushing hug in return.
For as long as possible, let there be those big, toothy smiles...

...days filled with uninterrupted play...

...sweet innocence and trust...

...silliness without question...

...time to be a kid.
Today I will enjoy my B, my K, and my little man. I will relish in their energy and love of fun.
I will eagerly accept all the hugs, bad jokes, unflushed toilets, and dumped out potato chips they can throw at me. Because no matter how bad my day is outside of my home...the little people inside these walls, ooze all the goodness I need to feel happy again.
-






11 comments:
Your posts always have a big impact on me! Most of the time, I finish reading them with a huge lump in my throat-but in a good way :) I'm sorry your day was yucky yesterday But I admire U so much for overcoming it and looking on the bright side :)
I'm sorry you had such a bad day - I hate days like that! I think some days that Heavenly Father puts children in our lives expecially for when we are having those days - don't know what he was thinking about letting those sweet little ones be the cause of those days but that's another story! I hope you have much better days ahead.
I am so sorry. I am glad to hear you were able to look at it in a growing way and turn the other direction and remember your gratitude for other things. That is always a wonderful path to take in these circumstances. Here's a hug for ya!!
Just know this: Your daddy loves you and I do wish I could protect you from those things that hurt and upset and are not what they ought to be. Hang in there and keep on learning in all situations. Know YOU ARE LOVED!!
Hope today was better! Your post was very inspiring....I love the way you can express your thoughts on paper--mine seem to stay stuck in my head.
Sorry to hear about your bad day. Even the worst of days are brightened by the smiles of your children. Just know that you are LOVED! Hope you're feeling better.
Sorry yesterday wasn't so hot. Hope today was better! Family is always there through the thick and thin! :) They are what keeps us going and it's nice to have friends that help ya out too...they're the icing on the cake! :)
Sorry about the yucky day...never would of known being around you last night...you're always so happy and ready to crack a joke :) That's a wonderful trait to have! I hope today has gone much better.
I enjoy your writing.
Sometimes a good cry clears the soul. You have to do it sometimes. I have had those days and I am glad that you are better today. I don't know you all that well but I do know that you are a strong woman and a wonderful mother. Know that you are cared for by a friend in the shadows.
Way to be positive about a not so fun day! I'm glad you are feeling better. Fun pictures of the kids too!
I am so sorry you had a yucky day. It sounds like you made the most of it. I will try to learn from your example! I love you!!!
Post a Comment