BlongoBall for Dummies :)

Monday, October 22, 2007

Just kidding.
I needed explaining when I first saw this contraption sitting out in the yard.
(For those of you a little clueless right now...refer to the post from yesterday.)

First things first...
Yes Kim, the balls are hard. They're 'for real' putt putt balls.
No, Daddy, you don't need a club at all.

Here are the rules in a nutshell:
Each person gets 3 pairs of BlongoBalls (putt putt on a string) in the color of your choosing.
There are two stands (colorful PVC) spaced about 25 feet apart.
Each player takes turns tossing their BlongoBalls at the stands.
If you look at the picture of Steve in yesterday's post, you can see how to sling it.
You're basically aiming for the horizontal bars. The top bar is worth 3 points, the middle is 2 points, and the bottom is (yep, you guessed it) one sad little point. Although one point is much better than missing completely and getting a big fat ZERO!! (Yes, we talk a little smack when we play. Ain't it great?) If your BlongoBall bounces off the ground and wraps around the bottom bar, you get 5 points. This is actually very hard to do.
So you're trying to get your BlongoBalls to hit the bars hard enough to wrap around the bar enough times so it doesn't get knocked off. IF your BlongoBalls get knocked off by your opponents', you lose those points. Stinky, huh? And believe me, this does happen.
You play until someone reaches 21 points. And you have to reach exactly 21. If you have 19 and you get the top bar worth 3...it doesn't count. You have to get only the 2 points needed.

Okay, that's it. So does it still sound like fun? Or was that just really confusing?
Well, you'll never know unless you come try it out.
So...anyone up for a game of BlongoBall?
-

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy says, "yes and ready to go for it. That is if someone is ready to get beat and it will probably be me." "So let's play ball!"

Lisa said...

I think I'm still confused.... sounds like fun though!

Lisha said...

What a blast! Where did you get your blongoball set?

Cari said...

I love games like this!

Becki said...

Hey Dana!
I love that game. Dan and I made aset in utah and left it with my folks when we moved here. I'm thinking I want to make it again!

kg said...

thanks for the clarification :)

Jenni said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing the info. When and where?

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley