Our deck-to-be I guess is more accurate.
Let's just say there is a lot of "stuff" lying around outside.
Right now we seem to have an overabundance of sawdust.
What does this looks like to a 2-year-old...?
He has an idea.
Uh oh.
Ready...aim...
...FIRE!
Good thing big sis is such a good sport!
And he goes back for more.
I can't even begin to tell you how many times he did this. Grabbing and throwing big handfuls of sawdust is obviously more fun than I ever realized. It sure brought little man joy.
He would grab a handful, stand up, take aim, and shout: "Yut!" before throwing it at his person of choice.
(Yut = Yuck in little man-ese.)
*Mom...the saw is off and unplugged and the blade is covered with the safety thingie. Don't think I'm an idiot. :)
-






7 comments:
I think my favorite part of that post was you assuring your mom of the safety!! I wouldn't let me kids touch that stuff, only because I hate giving baths. Although I don't really have to "give" baths anymore, just stick them in and say "wash up", but anyhoo. That is awesome your deck is coming along. Shawn is getting so anxious. I think Thanksgiving will be the week for us (more like month, right?!).
Thank you for the safety comment. You know I'm always worried that someone will get hurt [i.e., cuts, broken bones, bruises, scrapes, eye injuries, choking, etc. - did I leave anything out?]
Being the son of a good smart carpenter and a chicken farmer, I am very familiar with the many ways to use sawdust (in work and in play). Many times we had to use the water hose to get the sawdust out of our hair and off our bodies. Now you add soft shell eggs to the mix and WOW!!!What fun and oh what memories this has helped me call up. Thanks, and thanks for the safety statement to goppie, because poppa thought that surely it was in no way working order. Now always remember, YOU ARE LOVED!!!
That is funny! Love it in the hair! It's amazing how fun things can be when you throw them in the air!
boys always find something to throw :) They are also natural pig pens...where they go, the mess follows! :)
You are so funny, I got a good giggle out of your comment to your mom! And, if it's a mess, the boys just gravitate to it, right?!!
This is so funny. Your girls seem like good big sisters. Noah is already attracted to anything that he can make a mess with. I see that this is going to be something that is going to bring many laughs.
Post a Comment