Get out the lounge pants or any pair with an elastic waistband!
This is one "so good it makes you wanna slap your momma" recipe!
Chocolate Soup
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup melted butter with pinch salt added
2 tsp vanilla
Mix first 4 ingredients.
Add melted butter...mix well.
Add vanilla...mix well one last time.
Pour into greased baking dish.
(Anything smaller than a 9x13 is perfect.)
You're going to water-bake this dish @ 325 for 45 minutes.
If you don't know what water-bake means...
Place your chocolate soup dish into a larger baking dish
(9x13 or larger).
Pour enough water into the larger dish that when you look from the side, the water stops a little below the top of the chocolate soup.
When it's finished baking, the top is nice and crispy, but the insides are all gooey and goopy.
There is a long-standing debate in our family about the best time to eat chocolate soup.
Options: super-warm, barely warm but not so liquidy-gooey, or completely cooled. Of course, it's divine no matter.
I think though, that my personal fave is completely cooled. Why?
Because it sticks to your spoon and you can scrape it off with your teeth and then you can work it off your teeth with your tongue. It stays in your mouth for a few extra seconds and it is so worth it!
We've eaten this plain...with nuts...pretzels...nilla wafers...marshmallows...apple slices...ice cream...cool whip...we've even used grapes and pringles.
Chocolate Soup has been known to cure depression, loneliness, morning sickness (I kid you not), and crankiness. It also adds an extra high to your day if you're already feeling chipper.
It is the perfect food.
So go on and enjoy...no, not just enjoy...indulge.
-
Tombstone
6 years ago






8 comments:
Oh my gosh, that sounds like the yummiest treat EVER!!! A definate must-try!
Sounds YUMMY!!
THANK YOU! It was so delicious that night! I can't wait to make some!
YUM! I am going to remember this one and make it the next time I'm pregnant, to get rid of the morning sickness of course! And obviously I will be making it sometime before then just to try it out!
YUM!!!
YUM! i am definately gonna have to make that! =)
mmm - my favorite! And how many times have you given me the recipe, only for me to lose it before I make it? hmmmm - guess I need to try to make it myself now -yum yum
You temptress!! I can't wait to try this. I'm just bummed it will take 45 min in the oven before I can overindulge on it.
Post a Comment