Any guesses why putt putt balls on nylon rope are wrapped around colored PVC?
Because someone was a genius one day and invented the game, BlongoBall.
The second I was introduced to this game, I thought: "Now why the heck didn't we come up with that?" It's not like it's rocket science. I mean, Steve is a rocket scientist. You would not believe the stuff he comes up with. He can find a way to create practically anything. He built our house, for cryin' out loud. He should have thought of this in his sleep. Come on...!
(big sigh) Obviously it's not meant for me to be wealthy like this lucky schmuck, but I've dealt with that crushing blow of reality and can now see the game for what it really is...
It is FUN! Simple, brain candy, family get-together, no need to break a sweat FUN!
The only downside is that it is a total 'beginner's luck' game. I kicked everybody's bootie the first time I played, and let me tell you, I could not wait to play Steve! I was naively thinking:
"Finally...I game I can win. I'll devastate him. It'll be great!"
Yeah, well, not so much. I'd used up my quota of beginner's luck by the time Steve got his first portion. Darn it.
But I have to say...it is still fun...even when you're losing. For me, that is saying a lot about a game.
These pictures are from Steve's brother and sister-in-law's, but we now own our very own BlongoBall. We don't have all the pretty colors yet. The game only comes with orange and yellow, but you can order the others online. Yes, it is very exciting.
So...who's up for some BlongoBall?!
-






7 comments:
Okay . . . I know that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the pack, but how do you play the game? What do you have to do with the balls?
I wanna play!!!
What type club will he be using? Will a bat or just any type of stick work? Looks like fun if some instructions came with this game.
Looks like fun, let's play!
lloks interesting. Are those balls hard?
Oh My... I can not believe you put the ball pictures on your blog. Weren't you laughing as hard as me over the ball pictures? ;)
That looks so interesting. I wanna play, too!!
Post a Comment