Today's recipe will be...drumroll please...Bran Muffins!
What? ...not the exciting dish you were hoping for? Well, too bad.
These may be bran, but they are 'bran'tastic! (Yes, I really did say that.)
Friends of ours, who are no longer in Bama, shared this recipe years and years ago.
It's still good. :)
Kiera's Bran Muffins
15oz box of Raisin Bran or Bran Flakes
(If you can't find a 15oz box, buy the 17.3 oz one and pour out one cereal bowl-ful and what's left in the box is the amount you'll need.)
1 cup oil
(You can substitute up to half with applesauce. I've done this and it's still yummy.)
4 eggs (beaten)
3 cups sugar
1 quart buttermilk (lowfat or full-fat)
4 tsp cinnamon
5 cups AP flour
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
Dump all ingredients in a large, and I do mean large, bowl. Mix until the cereal is completely saturated.
Fridge it overnight, or for about 6 hours. If you're not using paper cups in your pan, grease your pan really well.
Bake @ 400 for 15-20 minutes.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen muffins. If you don't need 4 dozen muffins all in one day (although they are still good on day #2), the beauty of this recipe is you can keep it fridged for up to two whole weeks. Isn't that delightful?! You can bake 6 at a time for days! It is the best.
These are also a fantastic housewarming, thinking of you, visiting teaching, or really any occasion type of treat. I know from experience that these are a sure-fire hit!
Enjoy...the muffins and the regularity that comes from bran...another bonus.
I'm debating...should I post my Chocolate Soup recipe next?
Tombstone
6 years ago






7 comments:
Sounds yummy!
Choc soup??? Is it good???
Let me add, from personal knowledge, that these muffins are delicious! They are great fresh out of the oven. Also, you can bake all the muffins on one day and then freeze them. They are still delicious when thawed and eaten at another time. Just put them in a large zip-lock bag and you can take out as few or many as you need.
Yum! Freezing them is a good idea too!
Choc soup?? As if you had to ask. Anything that has that manna from heaven as an ingredient deserves to be shared and devoured!
I am so ready for that choc. soup - it was delicious - I'm glad thos silly elders q. guys didn't come over that night so that I got to eat more than my fair share! BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHA!
Watcha waitn for post the recipe!
Nope, recipes only on Fridays. Just hold your horses.
mmm... I love bran muffins, I think this will be a must-try for the weekend!
Post a Comment