This morning, my sweet friend, Kim and her cute little guy met me and the kids at the girls' school for a photo session. You see, I had this brilliant idea to have the girls be dressed in their "first day of school" clothes, bring their new backpacks & lunchboxes, and have Kim take their pics at the school like it was the first day. I even bought little man his own mini-backpack for the fun.
Sounds way cute, right? Well, in theory it does remain a brilliant idea...and yes, the kids were cute and precious. Unfortunately, they were also HOT, which means ornery, which means I had to dig down deep a couple of times for some patience. So in reality, my brilliant idea was more like torture for my kids and my patient, long-suffering friend.
How in the world did I...who is a Bama girl, born and bred...completely space that it is like an oven outside? I know...I'm obviously not as brilliant as I seem.
So to my talented and enduring friend (what's left of her after she has slowly melted away)...thank you enormously! Thank you for braving the scorching day to play with us. Thank you for enjoying my kids (or at least acting like it). And thank you for not holding my brilliant idea against me. (You're not, are you?)
I owe you one. We'll go to lunch. Or dinner. Or something. Oh, wait..I know...!
I just had another one of my brilliant ideas...






2 comments:
I'm dying that there's a picture of me!! I had no idea you took one, so embarressed! Thank YOU for letting me practice...take a look I posted some on my blog. You have a cute little family :) Maybe when it's cooler we can do it again!
I saw the pics on Kim's site. She's amazing isn't she! Of course it helps that you have beautiful children. I am so happy to have a face to put with your site now too!
Post a Comment