
I read this quote the other day:
"Don't worry that children never listen to you. Worry that they are always watching you."
"Don't worry that children never listen to you. Worry that they are always watching you."
My girls are off to school and my son is in his bed loudly demanding for me to come release him. I feel as though my life consists of barely more than laundry, packing lunches & snacks, "doing" homework, struggling to successfully complete bedtime rituals each night, organizing this, and scheduling that. You know, sometimes I get just flat-out exhausted. (Of course, staying up til 4:23 in the morning working on room mom meeting "stuff" doesn't help.)
So can I be a good example when I'm "stick a fork in me, I'm done" tired? Can I exert enough energy to be the happy and playful mom I need to be once my son is released from his "prison"? Will I take the time to ask for a little bit of added strength to help this day along? Oh you better believe I will! Otherwise, today is looking a little bleak. So off I go for a moment of prayer...pleading may be more accurate. I am so over-the-top grateful that Heavenly Father loves my kids in spite of me being me. So even if I don't deserve it...I know my prayers will be answered. I will be able to squeak by today being as decent a mom as I can. Not perfect...not great...not even that good... But just enough so as my kids "watch" me, they shouldn't become too damaged in the process. Ahhhhhh....miracles do happen.
I love the old saying:
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in the end and hang on!"
Sometimes (okay, a lot) the end of my rope is tattered and frayed, but then I remember...mommy spit works everytime!
So can I be a good example when I'm "stick a fork in me, I'm done" tired? Can I exert enough energy to be the happy and playful mom I need to be once my son is released from his "prison"? Will I take the time to ask for a little bit of added strength to help this day along? Oh you better believe I will! Otherwise, today is looking a little bleak. So off I go for a moment of prayer...pleading may be more accurate. I am so over-the-top grateful that Heavenly Father loves my kids in spite of me being me. So even if I don't deserve it...I know my prayers will be answered. I will be able to squeak by today being as decent a mom as I can. Not perfect...not great...not even that good... But just enough so as my kids "watch" me, they shouldn't become too damaged in the process. Ahhhhhh....miracles do happen.
I love the old saying:
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in the end and hang on!"
Sometimes (okay, a lot) the end of my rope is tattered and frayed, but then I remember...mommy spit works everytime!






4 comments:
I was just talking to Chris about this last night when we went to bed. It's a never ending job that is exhausting, but I doin't ever want it to end either!
By the way, I was playing catch up on your blog page, so I commented on several of them! You go girl!
I don't know how you do it! And, add all the church duties you do!!
I think taking this whole mom thing one day at a time is a big lesson to learn and appreciate. I can't believe you are room mom for your daughter's class. That is awesome.
Post a Comment