
Today is the first day of school. Yep, already! Don't the girls look cute? Don't be impressed with me...this is just one of the incredible pics my friend, Kim, took the other day. Isn't it just fantastic?! The girls do have on these same outfits today, so this is how they look today on their first day...more or less. And of course, little man doesn't go to school yet...but how cute is that?! I have tons of pics I can't wait to post...but that will have to wait until another day.
When you think of school starting, I for one, always envision fall weather. Not so much. It is super-duper-freaking HOT!!! Even for a Bama gal like myself. I sure hope the powers that be at the the school take a hint and let the kids play inside for a while until the temp cools down to at least under 100. I'm not kidding. It really is 100. Friday is going to be 103. THAT IS TOO HOT!
So much for the images of kids starting back to school with their new jeans and cute little sweaters. So much for the chill of the nights watching high school football. So much for sending your kids out to play after homework and a snack. So much for being able to breathe at all outside. It is over 90 in the middle of the night. I'm having a hard time finding a time of day to walk the dog or take little man outside to play. Friends of mine are training for the Ironman (okay, it's really a half-marathon, but it might as well be the Ironman to me), and I don't know how they're doing it. My admiration just jumped up a few notches.
So today is the first day of school...K is starting 2nd grade and B is starting 4th. They grow up so fast! I was emotional this morning. I love the people they are turning out to be (well, most of the time anyway), but I tear up remembering them as toddlers and preschoolers. Those days were so precious. I wish I had appreciated them as fully then as I do now. I don't want to continually look back on the stages of their lives and realize how much I took for granted or how many times I didn't allow myself to appreciate certain situations. I don't want these years to be worn away with worry and stress and busyness. I want to fully appreciate and love every day with my girls, and little man too. I want to be excited for their new discoveries, adventures, and even the trials. The time just passes so quickly. I want to savor it all...even the times I struggle to get through. Because all of it makes life rich and full and beautiful.
Next we'll discover the details of the first day. I'll keep you posted...






3 comments:
I was thinking of you and your girls all morning. Your girls and their cute stuff (like super cute lunch boxes!) and you walking them in the first day, signin up to be on every committee and helping out at the front desk and everyone and their dog knowing you and saying hi! :) I hope the day is a great one for your girls!
Stay cool!
I am remembering all your "first days of school" - where has the time gone!
I LOVE that picture!! He is just adorable and the girls are so cute with him!
Post a Comment