AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! Part 2...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

After I posted yesterday, you can believe it or not, but things just went downhill...

Let's see...little man moved his Little Tykes table across the floor (I won't even bring up the scratches left in his wake) in the dining room so he could really enjoy the curtains; he scooted a kitchen chair over to one of the kitchen counters so he could climb up and pull the push pins out of my cork boards and "write" on my calendar; he gave Sasha (the puppy) a double roll of toilet paper (you can use your imagination as to what happened with that!); he got into the pantry I thought I locked (obviously I didn't) and helped himself to some pretzels...now I'm thrilled he's trying to do things for himself, but it's not so good when someone left the pretzel bag open...and pretzels, pretzel crumbs, and salt went almost everywhere (I use the word 'almost' so you won't accuse me of exaggerating :) ); he pulled papers galore out of Steve's desk drawer and I'm not so sure I found all the sheets to all the bills (uh oh); he reprogrammed the answering machine (not kidding); deleted all the messages; ran his little four-wheeler into the wall (I'll wait to show that to Steve later); little man has got the worst diaper rash ever because he's cutting some back teeth and he's having acidic poopies every 30 minutes (poor guy...we have screaming every diaper change now...not fun); I tried to let him go nakie so maybe his rash could dry out some and then wound up cleaning pee off the floor (of course little man thought the pee puddle was great fun and spent some time slapping his fat little foot in it before I could get back with a towel...let's just say the pee puddle turned into something a little more).

NOW let me tell you about the baby powder...

I know, I said in yesterday's blog that I caught that disaster before it happened, but it appears that I spoke too soon. Oh yeah, I'm not even making this up. So I thought I heard something, but I really wanted to finish what I was doing at that point in time (I look back now and realize it wasn't that important...). Anyhoo, I finish my task and walk into the living room, and there is my son covered in baby powder. Also covered, is a chair and ottoman and the wall and a lot of the floor (carpet and wood). I'm guessing little man shimmied his way up the console to get the powder container. It must have looked like fun, but I don't think he had any idea just how much fun it would really be. Again I'm guessing, but it looks as though he then gave the container to the puppy who then proceeded to chew off the lid. So in addition to the powder, there were also bits and pieces of the plastic lid that had just served as a fun new chew-toy. Then comes little man's job of shaking the wide-opened container all over the room. It was snowing in the middle of August and in the middle of my house. I know we could use a good cool-down around here, but this didn't help so much... At this point, we're already late for playgroup. I then try to quickly wipe off his shoes, toes, fingers, head, ears, eyebrows, etc. (I just left the floor, furniture, and wall for later. Do you blame me?) Because there was so much powder on the hard floor, it turned into a skating rink. Little man and Sasha were sliding all over the place. It was FUNNY! Sasha couldn't make it down the hallway without losing her footing and sliding into the wall (hee hee). Little man would try to walk and then his feet would just slide left and right and he would throw his arms out and say: "Whoa! Uh oh!" and then giggle like a little stinker.



Oh yeah, you are so busted...
again!













Yep...
everywhere.










If he just wouldn't look so darn pleased about it...








Sigh...even covered in baby powder, this face makes me melt everytime.

You know, there comes a time when you just have to sit back and laugh (while you're following closely behind doing damage control)...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't kids wonderful?!!! Reminds me of when Heath decided to put chocolate icing all over the kitchen walls and chairs! I wanted to ring his scrawny little neck until he said, "yummy!" Then I had to hide the laughter, so he'd realize that he did wrong...in the end we got some good pics! O.k. now I have officially posted and i deserve a metal :)

kg said...

I'm glad you got pictures of this!! He looks so smooth and soft :) Where's the puupy to lick it up? I wonder what today has in store?

Lisa said...

But he looks SO CUTE! I bet he smells great too! I just love the smell of baby powder, I'm weird, I know:}:}

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Okay... I am pretty sure I have this beat... Ranoah and Zach, when they were a lot younger, poured our jello boxes on the tile floor, and I made the mistake of spraying it before I had all the powder swept up. I had red tile grout in my living room for months. The next year, in the same room, Skylah poured Maple Syrup all over, and was chugging it down like it was water! Don't you LOVE little critters?!?!

Lisa said...

Okay, I love your list. I learned so much about you! You are very different then what I first thought of you...in a good way. Not that I thought anything bad, you are just way more easy going and open to new friends and adventures. You are one cool gal! I am glad that I am getting to know you better and we are becoming friends...it's hard when you're the new girl...woe is me..:}

Ang said...

Oh my word! Sounds like a crazy day at your house! I think you should go and get a massage, except for that the whole time I'm sure you'd be worried about what the "twins" were up to!

Thanks for the comment and my "who are you post!" It's fun to see who's out there lurking. You should do it too- after all, I copied Kim, :)

Lisha said...

So, this is what I have to look forward to?!! You'll treasure those pictures, though, good thinking with the camera. And I totally understand the 'sometimes you just have to laugh' concept... Emma's given me plenty of those moments!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love it!!! It's good that you are being positive about it and keeping your sense of humor...what a great mom!!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley