Blogging is not perfect.
I am loving it like crazy! But I have found a snag in the fabric...
I am slowly becoming obsessed with the comments. Not with the actual content of the comment (although, I do derive a great deal of pleasure from that as well), but really from just checking to see if I have one. I obviously need validation. I'm not sure if I've always recognized this in myself, or if I have just been in denial. No matter...I think I have an issue.
Everytime I sit down to the computer, I have to check my blog to see if anyone new has posted a comment about one of my posts. It can be rather time consuming. (Okay I'll admit that maybe a time or two I'll come into the study specifically to see if any new comments have come my way. Sick, isn't it?)
I should ask that those of you who might be tempted to comment just not do it so I can slowly begin to remove myself from this illness, but I just don't think I could stand that. So instead, I am going to come right out and beg for comments...at least at first. Let me know what you think. Tell me if you like my stories or if you think I'm bordering on needing therapy. Offer suggestions or email me with your stories and laughs. Maybe I'm just used to email. You know, I think that might be it! I'm used to emails! And I love a good, solid telephone conversation! Ahhh, the beauty of conversation...the choreography of two or more minds working together to reach an understanding...the knowledge that someone will answer your questions and respond to your ramblings. So for me, a blog without a comment is like a busy signal when you really need to talk to that certain person.
I am positive I will adapt. Of course I will...I am loving being a "blogger". This is some serious fun. So I will continue to blog even if I never receive a comment. And I will be just fine with that.
Oh, who am I kidding? I need validation.
Tombstone
6 years ago






7 comments:
I hope this feeds your need for validation! Your posts are too funny. I love that you write just like you talk--As I read I can HEAR you say all those things, in your own voice. I love that! Will you be blogging this weekend while on vacation? I don't know if I can wait all weekend long to read another one of your posts! Have fun this weekend!
Told you it would get addidcting! I agree with Jennifer in that I can always hear your voice as I'm reading...Have fun in Chattanooga!!
p.s.
Check this out...could be scary,
http://mingle2.com/blog-addiction
Also I love your balloon pic!
found your site through kim - I'll leave comments for you if you leave comments for me :)
This is great! What a great way to keep in touch, seeing as how we're no good at any other way :)
You know I love you, though!!!
Keep it up!
It is great to see you again and to see your children and husband. I've seen your children in emails that you mom has sent me. I talked to her yesterday and she gave me your blog address. You are doing a fantastic job with this new adventure (is that enough validation :). I'll keep checking to see what your family is up to from time to time. In case you don't recognize the name, I'm Nancy from Rocky Mount.
So I did come back here like you said, and I have to say, I COMPLETELY hear you on the need for comments thing. I just like to check and see if there's any new ones. Several times a day. It's not like they're going to be gone tomorrow, right? But still I must check. Right now.
Post a Comment