It's been a busy day.
It started around 3 am this morning when I finally went to bed. I can't blame the kids this time...I stayed up to finish Harry Potter. Don't judge me yet. I didn't sit down to really enjoy it until almost 10:30 last night and by midnight I had passed out on the couch. Some undetermined amount of time later I woke up with a sense of purpose. I had to finish this book! I have been savoring it over the last few days and I finally had had enough. I wanted to know how the thing ended. So anyway...I did finish it, but lost a little sleep in the process.
The kids, of course, were up bright and early. They didn't seem to notice my bleary state. Can you imagine? By the time we got breakfast out of the way and finally got everyone dressed, Marie was here to drop off her 4. The kids have played fantastic together and we've had lunch and "several" snacks. Carter took a really good nap and I guess I got in the routine of him being out of the way. That is not normal, just for today's bleariness. So once he was up from his nap, changed, and fed...I got busy with "stuff". I guess at some point I realized he was quiet. Usually that is a very bad thing. But not today. Nope...today, my little man decided if Mommy wasn't going to play, he would take care of himself. Thus I found him on the couch with the remote...clicking through the channels like a pro. His Daddy will be so proud.
Like I said...I really do spend time with my kids. How else would he have learned to be so remote savvy?






2 comments:
Glad you finished the book, you'll have to share in person what happened, even though I'm not a fan, I am curious! A housefull of 7 kids all playing nicely....you're amazing! See, isn't bloggin fun....I promise I won't stalk!
That picture is precious! What a smart little man. We may have to arrange something with him and my little miss, if he is not already spoken for.
Post a Comment