Here we go...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm trying something new.
For those of you who know me and my little family, this will hopefully serve as a way to stay in touch with us and see what is happening in our own small corner of the world. Catching up should be as easy as typing some words into the computer.
For those of you who know me well, this is my attempt to stay up-to-date with pictures of the kids and their doings in addition to sharing our day-to-days with you.
And for those of you who know me too well...yes, this is really the only way I am ever going to do anything remotely close to journalling. And yes, this is really the only way I am ever going to keep up with the kids' pictures and what was going on when they were taken.

Let me be honest. (A good way to start, don't you think?)
I need this. I absolutely and completely stink (I really want to use the word 'suck' but I'm trying for a classier vocab for those who don't know me "too well".)...so anyway, I absolutely and completely stink at organizing pictures for scrapbooks or to send to family or to even keep my own frames updated. I promise I love my children beyond distraction, but this is one huge flaw in my ever-so-frighteningly large stash of flaws. But see, now, this flaw has found a solution.
So I say "Halleluja!!!" to Mr. or Mrs. Blog. And a big fat "Thank you!!!" too. Because (since I am being so honest) I don't think I would have EVER gotten around to journalling, sending out pictures at a steady rate, or keeping in touch with family and friends I love but unfortunately only think about instead of actually calling or writing.

Let me be honest again since I'm on a roll...
It is going to take me a while to really get this going. I have some serious visions of grandeur for how this blog will look one day. Until then, hang tight. Periodically I will add pictures and post explanations. Sometimes I may add one...sometimes I might go back and add in a few months worth. I will also attempt to utilize this blog as my own little way to remember and reflect on what has happened daily.

I love to write. I really do. Therefore, you would think journalling should be easy for me. You would think it might even be a passion or at least a habit. But alas and alak, it is not so.
I am so so so excited to get started in the actual writing part of this. I have things running through my head all the time. (Could be scary, I know...but it's the only head I've got.) Anyway, I am practically giddy about this part. You can't see me , but I am. The best part...? I love to type on the computer almost as much as I hate to longhand! So this is perfect for me! Let's hope I make a go of this like I envision.

Now if you're still interested in being an active participant in my blog, I probably should go ahead and lay down some ground rules. (I know...just play along...I'm not as anal as it sounds.)
#1: Don't look for, judge, criticize, or annoyingly point out any typos.
#2: If you still feel the need to point out a typo, you better be cute about it.
#3: Don't assume Steve has anything to do with this blog.
#4: If ever you feel the need to discuss the blog with Steve, please try to refrain from bringing up any embarrasing posts that may appear about him.
#5: Please realize that on the days I am journalling as opposed to "familying" (yeah, that's not a real word, but it totally works), you may see me as a completely scattered human being with a lot of issues to work through.
#6: On the days I am being real and scattered, just love me through it.

Okay, I guess that's about it. I'll start working on getting some pictures together. I really am excited about this fantastic little blog! I hope that those of you who visit, will grow to love me and my little family. If you already know us and love us, get ready to love us even more. I can already feel a deeper love and appreciation for each of you as I type this first post. So many of you are popping into my mind right now, and I am praying that through this we will always be somehow connected.

6 comments:

kg said...

Yay Dana! So glad you started a blog, now you know I'll be checking in on you :) Make sure you send everyone you want to read your link...can't wait to read more of your writing....thanks for FHE the other night too!

JT's Mommy said...

OK - now I am anxiously awaiting all the dirt on Steve - lol.

JT's Mommy said...

By the way - it is a little creepy that your blog knew who I was without me having to log in....

Anonymous said...

Dana you are too cute...and smart...and funny...and I could go on and on! Kim G told me you had your own blog--someday soon I may jump on the blog-wagon, too, but for now I'll just entertain myself by reading yours!!! I am looking forward to having your witty outlook on life in cyber-writing. And don't worry--I would NEVER point out a typo! Keep it coming girl!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! This is so great. I should do this for my family too :)
We will be calling soon about a playdate..........just got back from Florida.

Anonymous said...

Dana- I love your blog! How fun to see all of the kids who look soooo much older since I've last seen them. Your little guy is totally smushable!
Ilove all the pictures.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley