#7

Monday, November 7, 2011

I am thankful for fun kids...
specifically my own.

After school today, K informed me that lil man loves to get mail. She decided it would be fun to make mailboxes for inside so we could all "send" mail to each other.

Do you see how cute this is?

Yes, that's an adorable little mailbox taped outside lil man's room.

K has one too. Isn't that just the cutest hallway??

They spent the evening "sending" and "receiving" mail. 
Of course, the flag had to go up when a letter arrived.

Lil man's letter to K: "Kayla is the best sister in the world!"
He put it in the mailbox and yelled: You've got MAIL!!
Serious cuteness overload.

K had a super cute idea to turn lil man's letter into a treasure hunt. The letter in the mailbox gave him a hint where to find the next clue...and so forth...until he found the last clue inviting him to a slumber party tonight at 8. That girl is an "evil" genius, I tell you. 
K's been dying to have her brother sleep in her room...pretty clever, eh? And it totally worked. They are happily asleep in K's room as I type.

Downside?
This mess.














I'd also like to be thankful for little helpers who cleaned it up...but I'm not writing fiction, folks.
Oh, who really cares? They had a ball together.
And for that...I am thankful.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I'm loving all your thankful post. It's fun to see you blog. I love the mess. Isn't sad they can never have fun without the mess. I think it just has to happen that way.

hope said...

That is something to be incredibly grateful for!!! I love the mailboxes! And the slumber party.... yes... GENIUS!!

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder that our K's were such good friends. They are cut from the same cloth...with all those "grand" ideas. The mailboxes are way cute and look so good, too!

Kirk Sorensen said...

That is ADORABLE! What fun and clever children!

Dawn, said...

Getting mail... it IS such a joy. I get so much mail that others would term 'junk'mail, gasp. Shawn gets the mail each day on the drive in and he will come toward me with a little consolation hug if it was a 'bad' mail day... meaning only a couple catalogs/magazines instead of a whole stack. My neighbor, one farm down, says she loves to get my overflow mail, meaning they couldn't get my mail all in my mailbox so magically it appears in hers. She browses anything she finds interesting and then runs one of her children over to return the precious mail to the rightful owner, sicker. So glad your kiddos had fun with this and I am here to warn you that they may never grow out of it, snort!!

Jessica M said...

Cute cute and cute.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley