I'm sick. Just sick.
I have been literally nauseous about this game for weeks. I haven't really been able to talk about it. Steve has been on ESPN and fan blogs 24/7, but I've been trying not to become obsessive.
What am I talking about?
It's all about today's thankful...
I'm thankful for being raised to love Alabama football. I mean I...LURVE Alabama football!!!
I come from Alabama legacy and I love it.
My grandmom even worked in the Dean's office for years. I loved visiting her and having mom and dad walk me around campus pointing out this and that from their college years. There is nothing quite like the feel of the Quad during a football weekend! My grandmom hasn't been able to watch a game in years. She says it makes her too nervous. She literally just paces the hallway and would listen for updates to be called out to her.
I can't remember a time growing up that mom and dad weren't following some Roll Tide sport. I, personally, have focused on football and look forward to September every year more than even December 25th.
For 5 months, our Saturdays literally revolve around college football. I've been known to beg for recitals, baptisms, and rehearsals to be rescheduled so I don't miss a game.
Steve has now been fully sucked into the houndstooth madness and I love him even more for his fierce loyalty to my Bama boys!
*sigh* Oh how I love Alabama football.
Even with heartbreaking losses, I love the game...the team...the traditions...the legacy...the utter HAPPINESS of being part of something special. My heart beats to the rhythm of the Alabama Fight Song! :)
I may not be as vocal (or obnoxious) as other football fans, but don't think for a second that that means I don't eat, sleep, breathe, and bleed CRIMSON. I have to wear the same clothes every game...sit in the same spot on the couch...phones are off...our house is on total shut down.
I remember growing up, if anyone ever called the house during a ballgame, my mom would say with COMPLETE exasperation: Who in the world would call NOW??"
Every game day, mom and dad answer the phone with a: ROLL TIDE! instead of your standard "hello?"
My kids say I scare them when I watch Bama play. I admit, I do get loud. And after tonight's game...it wasn't pretty. But I'm a fan no matter the outcome. (BUT OH MY GOSH TONIGHT'S GAME MADE ME SICK!)
I'm fanatic and I embrace it fully. If I wasn't posting by using my iPhone, I would really get into it...but my thumb is betraying me so I must digress.
Today (and really every day), I am thankful for Alabama Crimson Tide. I wouldn't know how to function without them.
ROLL TIDE!!
Tombstone
6 years ago






4 comments:
Shawn and Christian went over to a friend's home to watch the game. While our family is loyal to the Huskers, please forgive but we spent 4 years of grad school there and during the 'glory years' nonetheless, my fellas are still very proud of this state and the SEC as a whole so they can cheer with the best of the 'fanatics', grin. So sorry to hear of the outcome ;(
It is good to know that you have raised your children well. ROLL TIDE! Watch out Mississippi State, Georgia Southern and [Oh, yes] Auburn. "Yeah, Alabama, Crimson Tide . . . You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad to read your thankfuls! You make me laugh, and I'm glad this makes you so crazy happy!
I've missed some really good blog entries and I enjoyed catching up. I love that you are sharing your thankfuls. I'm thankful for you... Everyday!
Post a Comment