Sincere offer or master manipulation?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lil man is not necessarily so "lil" anymore.
But for the sake of my emotional stability, we'll indulge in the delusion awhile longer. Okay? Thanks for playing along.

However, lil man is still a stinker.

You tell me your interpretation of the following:

Lil man, for a year or more, will make silly faces at K to get her to smile in times of "great distress". 9 times out of 10 this works.
Magical? Miraculous?
Thought provoking question for another day.
Anyway...I was pretending to be drastically upset by something someone did for some dumb reason or other. (Clear as mud, I know, but I can't keep all the hullabaloo straight in this house anymore.) Lil man saw my drastically upsettedness and threw on the silly faces. Of course, I laughed and made lil man the hero once again.

Maybe he's been the hero one too many times because this was his interesting offer:
"Mama, I'll hurt you if you want so I can make faces to make you smile, okay?"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

5 comments:

Karen said...

Now that is funny. And two blog post in a week. Are you feeling alright?

Anonymous said...

At least he's got your back! :)

Jessica M said...

Hmmm, the things kids come up with. And yes, he is getting entirely too grow up for his own good.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

that is h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s.

Wendyrful said...

SO perhaps he doesn't get the WHOLE picture... but he's trying... :-)Kids!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley