Steve and I saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice this weekend.
It was SO GREAT!
Really.
SO GREAT! Especially once I got past straining my brain to figure out who the main character sounds like. Seriously, I had to close my eyes and just listen to him for a while. It was so flippin distracting! FYI: He sounds just like a nerdy Christian Slater.
You're welcome for saving you that mental struggle, by the way. :)
I don't want to ruin any parts of the movie for those of you who haven't seen it yet, so without sharing any details I'll just say...
At one point, everyone cracked up. I mean...EVERYONE laughed. I looked at Steve and said, "I don't get it. What did I miss?" He repeated the line and still...nope, I didn't see what was so funny.
Later at home, he shows me a YouTube clip that explained everything.
Apparently, the funny line is a Star Wars referrence. Admittedly, once having paid attention to that particular scene in Star Wars, I could see why that particular line in The Sorcerer's Apprentice was so amusing. But honestly...I would never have picked it out in a split second like the rest of the world did.
My question:
When did knowledge of random Star Wars trivia become status-quo? And where have I been??
Tombstone
6 years ago






9 comments:
If we answer that do we really get a $100? You've been camping.....And Star Wars trivia has been around since the 1980's. I pick up my check tomorrow. (I've heard great things about this movie.)
I am a Star Wars goddess. Ask me anything! And I'm so glad to hear this movie is great! We've been anticipating it and hoping it would be worth while. Now I'm excited!
Second Star Wars Goddess here. (Yes, we married handsome nerds to hide our secret fondness for sci-fi.) I would say it became a major theme when the second half (or rather forst half) of the saga came out. Before that it was just for the 70s-80s group. Once Episode I came out it became a modern theme. With all the releases of cartoons and traveling displays and such... do you really want me to go on???
You really must consider having a Star Wars-a-thon as me and my children did earlier this summer. You never know when you might get $100 for a random trivia fact.
Can't wait to see this movie now! And I am so on that Star Wars trivia! I not only LOVE the movies (the first ones made that is~hate the new ones), but have 2 brothers that know EVERYTHING about every character. They still will tell me stuff that I am like *seriously* you really need to know that? lol
Well, Dana, I haven't seen the show, but I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't have picked up on the Star Wars reference, nor would Brent. Let's see, Bradleigh just turned 12, right? Seventh grade? Sounds to me like you are entering the world of the culturally clueless parent. It comes with age, it happens to all of us. It goes right along with you not being able to figure out your phone. It's okay, trust me, life goes on. This just provides a way for Bradleigh to feel superior.
This is a funny post and I'm also laughing at all the funny comments. Hilarious!
Lol! I second everything Nancy wrote!
Wait till your boy is a little older....you'll know everything!
Post a Comment